Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Wow, I didn't even know these things existed. However, I've always heard it was worse to wash the underside of a vehicle in winter because warm water & temps accelerates the rusting process of road salt. Still, neat idea.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about this one from the same place?.

BE 85.400.062 16-Inch Undercar Vehicle Cleaning Water Broom

You could also use this, hope you have not returned yet.

22MM Pressure Washer Adapter PW3082750 | AR Blue Clean
Nope. Got the AR adaptor on the desk next to me. It's a much smaller "twist lock" peg than Karcher uses. pressurewashersdirect was where I bought it from and they were the ones that confirmed to me there is no such adaptor.

I saw the water brooms also at the time the Karcher unit was posted. I may still get one. The Karcher has an adjustable head (lifts up and down) and it also spins.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chop - my motivation was to clean the snot outta it before putting it up for the winter and maybe a few times during the summer if we get caught in rain.

My main motivation was to clean the heck outta the underside of the pick up to apply some fluid film before taking our Christmas road trip. The factory nerf bars on the F150 are a dirt magnet and it's not easy to get a power washer lance up under them.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Chop - my motivation was to clean the snot outta it before putting it up for the winter and maybe a few times during the summer if we get caught in rain.

My main motivation was to clean the heck outta the underside of the pick up to apply some fluid film before taking our Christmas road trip. The factory nerf bars on the F150 are a dirt magnet and it's not easy to get a power washer lance up under them.
I think that's a great idea, I may have to look into it. As weird as it sounds I've thought about crawling under the car and cleaning it. This would make that task a lot easier. So you have to have a pressure washer in order to use one of these? Would it be possible to use a soap & wax dispenser like the one in the vid I posted?

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
I think that's a great idea, I may have to look into it. As weird as it sounds I've thought about crawling under the car and cleaning it.

Welcome to the " world of weird " Every winter when my car is stored (on jack stands ) one of the things I do is give the underneath a through cleaning , as I try not to drive in bad weather and needless to say never in the winter months it's not too bad of a job .I wash it as best I can with my pressure washer before I store it and then get a couple of cans of a foam type cleaner so I don't have water dripping all over me and do a small section at a time .I'm thinking of waxing it this year it's my OCD thing and painting the axle shafts they are not coated with anything and have a coating of surface rust on them which drives me nuts every time I'm underneath it . :driving:

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think that's a great idea, I may have to look into it. As weird as it sounds I've thought about crawling under the car and cleaning it. This would make that task a lot easier. So you have to have a pressure washer in order to use one of these? Would it be possible to use a soap & wax dispenser like the one in the vid I posted?
Oh, your vid was being run from a pressure washer, guaranteed. The karcher version had a dispenser attachment and even came with a "treatment" to use after cleaning.

I may end up with the version that Venom posted and rig up the existing soap dispenser that came with my power washer.

As for OCD, boltz, you say that as if it were a problem? lol

Late every winter I take the wheels off one at a time and clean the wheel wells and everything I can reach from them from the underside. I then detail each wheel, touch up the black-out paint on the back side as needed, polish and seal the chrome and dress the rubber.

I use Detailers Preferred trim detailer underneath, on the wheel liners (and under the hood after I detail that). It leaves a nice nearly satin finish and keeps it easier to clean through the season.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Undercarriage

Guess i am lucky then car's never been in rain yet?you could eat off the surface. Every time under car my ocd does not kick in?

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update. Contacted Karcher direct and they DO have an adaptor from their bayonet style connection to a 22mm.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Further update. Thought there is an adaptor, this unit is rated for 2kpsi and 2.0 gpm max.

Looks like it's going back anyway.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That was entertaining, Rob. But not so much that it needed to be posted twice.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
That was entertaining, Rob. But not so much that it needed to be posted twice.
That's the other effect of "when you get more mature" :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts