Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

221 - 240 of 301 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
One question has to do with the sellers location. Abbeville, LA is just off the Gulf, 200 miles East of Houston, and 125 miles West of New Orleans. Isn't that a particularly frequent hurricane area? :willy: :nono:

I worked in Baton Rouge and New Orleans areas after Katrina pretty much any place in Louisiana is subject to hurricanes

·
Registered
419 Posts
One question has to do with the sellers location. Abbeville, LA is just off the Gulf, 200 miles East of Houston, and 125 miles West of New Orleans. Isn't that a particularly frequent hurricane area? :willy: :nono:

I worked in Baton Rouge and New Orleans areas after Katrina pretty much any place in Louisiana is subject to hurricanes
And the guy that accompanies the hurricanes is a guy by the name of "High Water". And there in-lies the problem for many automobile parts! Hope that wouldn't be the case for such a nice looking Sols.

·
Super Moderator
7,541 Posts
Just because you can, doesn't mean that you should.

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
I think the exterior looks great !

But it always amazes me again that those Koreans are so addicted to re-badging.

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: stevebot39

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I am giving you guys fore warning. The wife, does not like the Ugly Rock color (Bluestone) so there is a high chance of the car being repainted, Tropical Rose and Snowshoe White, a 1955-56 color combination used on the Crown Victorias. That is her favorite color combination at the moment. Meaning the interior will be either Hot Pink and Black or White. My upholstery guy says he can do it and make it look good. It is her car and seems to be leaning towards it. All chrome a blazen! I am fighting it but really do not have a say in the matter. It will be unique to say the least!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
Wouldn't it be cheaper to get another car in the right color. What does a good complete paint job cost ? 5000$ ?. Or do you have other emotional reason to keep this one ?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I am giving you guys fore warning. The wife, does not like the Ugly Rock color (Bluestone) so there is a high chance of the car being repainted, Tropical Rose and Snowshoe White, a 1955-56 color combination used on the Crown Victorias. That is her favorite color combination at the moment. Meaning the interior will be either Hot Pink and Black or White. My upholstery guy says he can do it and make it look good. It is her car and seems to be leaning towards it. All chrome a blazen! I am fighting it but really do not have a say in the matter. It will be unique to say the least!!!!!!
Can't wait to see it! I dig the colors from the 50's and 60's. Especially now that every car on the road is white or some shade of silver/gray.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
there is a high chance of the car being repainted, Tropical Rose and Snowshoe White, a 1955-56 color combination [...] I am fighting it but really do not have a say in the matter. It will be unique to say the least!!!!!!
Hmmm...

221 - 240 of 301 Posts