Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

241 - 260 of 301 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,334 Posts
Wouldn't it be cheaper to get another car in the right color. What does a good complete paint job cost ? 5000$ ?. Or do you have other emotional reason to keep this one ?
Did you notice the colors that his wife wants?
......... Tropical Rose and Snowshoe White, a 1955-56 color combination used on the Crown Victorias. .............
I don't think that there is one currently available in that color combination.

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
I realize that, just did not think that would be the only color she would like.

Seems a weird mistake . . . buying a blue one when she wants pink and white :) :)

At first I did not know the combination, so looked it up. Think it will look great but what color should the rag top be to match the theme ? Black and tan both seem the wrong color.

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
Unfortunately there aren't any right colors for her. No silver,gray, white, red, black, blue or yellow. I tried to get her to go with Ruby Red, wouldn't have it. I can live with saying Tropical Rose better than Hot Pink I guess. I will not drive it I can promise that. She wanted the Kawasaki Green, and it was a big hit at the National last year. Draws way more attention at a car show than either my Skpel or Robo' Orange and Blue car. You only live once, and she wants what she wants. Happy Wife equals happy Life. I will take the last choice for sure. As much money as I spend on my model railroad, hard to say a word. She is 72 going on 16 is the only way to describe her.

For gawds sake we are painting a Bluestone, anything is an improvement over Cadaver Blue.

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
The original was bought as donor for a trailer. I was going to cut it in half and make a trailer like the one at the National last year. Then decided I could not destroy a running driving, smogged, licensed car. Bought the second one because it was the same color and the damage was on the other end.. Combining two to make one, and then possibly have the remains to make the trailer or a track car...

I think the plan was to wrap the car or paint the car from the beiginning, but Hot Pink was the color she has always wanted, even for her green car. I talked her out of that. Don't think it is going to happen this time.

Ford offered a Pink and Black Crown too, but it was a much lighter pink. We will see, it is another month or two down the road.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Met a little girl, her name was June.
A little bit south of Saskatoon.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Met a little girl, her name was June.
A little bit south of Saskatoon.
Wow, thanks for that. I gotta admit that I'd never heard that song before. "Running Back to Saskatoon" by the Guess Who we all know around here, but had never heard this Sonny James tune.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
At the risk of being stereotypical- you probably have heard it, at least a little. You're in Gordie Howe's stomping grounds from when he was nine days old to when he headed to Detroit to play with the Red Wings. You never saw the film Slap Shot? The song is in it.

241 - 260 of 301 Posts