Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
341 - 360 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver&356Pcar.dirtbike,4wheeler
932 Posts
they also just may a attempt at keeping the paint from getting chipped off in front of the rear tire from the doar **** kicked up by the front tire......but I like the short people short skirt idea better.

·
Premium Member
4,677 Posts
these cars are wrapped...

Reactions: RedOne07

·
Premium Member
4,677 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,677 Posts

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver&356Pcar.dirtbike,4wheeler
932 Posts
that yeller&black look just like my old street bug I sold aster getting this solstice...it was much faster...much much facter. dang I wish I had not see this....

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
2,768 Posts
I am going to be getting my car painted in a few months. Factory color is "Mean" Yellow and I am going to keep it the same color (mostly).

I have 2 ideas that I am thinking about for the paint. The first one is to have the front of the car flat black (primer black) and have some airbrushing so it looks like the yellow is being peeled off in the direction of the back of the car (from high speeds ;) ). The second idea is to make it look like I ran over a smiley face. so kind of have the face splattered on the front passenger corner of the car. Not have the actual circle for for the smiley, just the black eyes and mouth all distorted from impact.

Kind of along the lines of this photo if when I hit a bird doing 140mph in my Lotus driving from Mount Rushmore to the Badlands. A little more spread out tho but same kind of idea.

If anyone has a suggestion on a paint ideas I am all ears (err... eyes?).

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Those "step" looking things on that orange car, I know what they are. They are actually supposed to be used to finish the outside edges of a front lip before the front tire or to complete the look of a rear diffuser behind the rear tires. They are not being used for their intended purpose on that orange car, meh... to each their own I guess.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

It would look something along those lines.

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious
678 Posts
I know it’s all subjective and beauty is in the eye of the beholder but... phew!
some of these are horrendous bordering on criminally ugly..

in my very humble (and next to worthless to anyone but me) opinion, the solstice is one of those rare cars where it is really hard to improve upon the aesthetic. I have seen a handful of these cars in a few different styles that have impressed me.
But man, when it don’t work, it don’t work hard on this car’s body :)

341 - 360 of 372 Posts