Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
glove box.

my FOB has the opposite problem - TOO SENSITIVE. I've had to adhesive a flexible plastic strip across it to keep it from popping the trunk when it's in my pocket etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Clean out button switch

I used contact cleaner. My trunk button worked intermittently. Gave it a good cleaning and now works every time.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Easy if it's currently working. Open the trunk and watch the latch as you push the release button. Notice how the release latch moves. Attach a cable (I used picture hanging wire) to the latch and run the other end of the cable through the seat belt slot behind the driver's seat. Conceal the cable under the seat belt.
This is exactly what I did. You only have to run the wire about a foot from the drivers seat belt opening to the release mechanism. I added a fancy little tee shaped pull handle to to make it easier to pull the release mechanism but a loop in the cable will work just as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Which Button are you referring to?

(both my FOB and my glove box button are being difficult)

Thanks- Mark
I own a 2007 Solstice and the same issue, sometimes it completely releases using the button inside the glove box, sometimes it doesn’t. Had in 3 times and they adjusted the trunk, installed a new key fave. After $700 I’m done and have decided it can’t be fixed. Lesson learned, never buy a GM reject.

·
Administrator
8,668 Posts
I own a 2007 Solstice and the same issue, sometimes it completely releases using the button inside the glove box, sometimes it doesn’t. Had in 3 times and they adjusted the trunk, installed a new key fave. After $700 I’m done and have decided it can’t be fixed. Lesson learned, never buy a GM reject.
I'm not certain how a button not working on a 14-year-old car qualifies as a reason to not buy GM, but OK.

The buttons do sometimes fail, and the release mechanism sometimes gets stuck. Which problem you have will require more infrmation if you want help in fixing it..

21 - 26 of 26 Posts