Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my Solstice i have the up graded radio. I believe its the same radio that comes with XM,but i dont have the XM option.So what is the difference?Just the XM antenna? thanks

·
4,592 Posts
IF I might add to that question, would anyone mind giving a short sumary on the 3 stereo packages, pros and cons?

·
5,641 Posts
KLECKO said:
In my Solstice i have the up graded radio. I believe its the same radio that comes with XM,but i dont have the XM option.So what is the difference?Just the XM antenna? thanks

Can't speak for the possible radio differences, but yes you would need an XM antenna and you would also need the digital radio receiver module. Usually those are not available to buy through GM Parts, only on an exchange basis.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

·
5,641 Posts
RODEO said:
IF I might add to that question, would anyone mind giving a short sumary on the 3 stereo packages, pros and cons?

1) U1C-Sound system, ETR AM/FM stereo with CD player, includes seek-and-scan and digital clock. XM Radio is not available with this radio. Standard Equipment.

2) US8-Sound system, ETR AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback, includes Radio Data System (RDS), seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, speed-compensated volume and TheftLock. $195 optional cost increase.

3) US9-Sound system, ETR AM/FM stereo with 6-disc CD player/MP3 playback, in-dash, includes Radio Data System (RDS), seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, speed-compensated volume and TheftLock. Requires Monsoon Sound System with this radio. $495 optional cost increase, with $395 optional cost increase for the Monsoon sound system, total $895.

Pretty much can come up with your own list of pros and cons depending on your wnats and desires and comparing them to the radios and their features.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
At the High Noon In Texas meet November 12 in Fort Worth, only one of the four cars had Monsoon. All the persons there, including those without cars yet, agreed that Monsoon is an absolute GOTTA HAVE IT!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts