Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone wants his car yesterday, but the reality is most of us will not get this car until late fall eary winter. That leaves very little chance if any to drive it much less with the top down. Why get all hyper about the delivery time. Chances are if you have waited this long, you allready know this and have accepted it. You may not admit it but down deep you have.
Just lay back and enjoy the soap opera; its been pretty entertaining so far.

Those of you in the south- you guys can wait forever because you will be driving top down out of the gate :willy: :willy: :willy: whenever they come.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Hate to brag, but in Southern California, we drive with the top down year round. Oh yeah, did I mention we do it with NO HUMIDITY (like my fellow Solstice brothers in the South and South Eastern parts of the good ole USA). :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
ntouched said:
Hate to brag, but in Southern California, we drive with the top down year round. Oh yeah, did I mention we do it with NO HUMIDITY (like my fellow Solstice brothers in the South and South Eastern parts of the good ole USA). :cool:
That's the worst thing about Maryland, the humidity! Last Wednesday coming home from college park I was dripping in sweat sitting in the stop and go traffic on 495.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
At least the northern people who get Sol's too late to really enjoy them will have them ready to go at the first sign of nice weather in the spring. :thumbs:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Fformula88 said:
At least the northern people who get Sol's too late to really enjoy them will have them ready to go at the first sign of nice weather in the spring. :thumbs:
:agree: get one of those freak days in Feb or March...bam, you are ready.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Winter Storage Deal with Dealer

Zolsol said:
I know everyone wants his car yesterday, but the reality is most of us will not get this car until late fall eary winter. That leaves very little chance if any to drive it much less with the top down. Why get all hyper about the delivery time. Chances are if you have waited this long, you allready know this and have accepted it.
:agree:

You are right of course. Each delay pushes us closer to hibernation for bears, ground hogs and roadsters.

Maybe we can turn this into a Win-Win. Our Dealer can display our cars in their showroom until the snow melts. We get "free" storage, they get a real car to show off (even if it does have an electric fence around it).

Alternatively, if they are REALLY late, we'll be all set for next Spring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure that's just what the dealers want a bunch of people who don't want to take delivery and pay for their cars. Can you say cash- flow problems. Maybe they'd want just one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
Adrenaline said:
That's the worst thing about Maryland, the humidity! Last Wednesday coming home from college park I was dripping in sweat sitting in the stop and go traffic on 495.
Tell me about it...I was selling 4 cars that day on hot pavement in Cumberland MD. At least we dont have to wear suits. Definitely seemed like you could cut the humidity with a knife.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
990 Posts
I don't care what the temperature is. I'll be driving my Solstice with the top down.
Remember that Ford Superbowl ad - Frozen In Fargo? That'll be me in my Solstice.

As for the mid-Atlantic humidity, I just turn on the A/C even with the top down at the stoplights. :cool:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top