Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called GM today to see if they had a Vin for my car yet. They said they are up to Vin 750. My car does not have a Vin yet. Has to be in the last 250 as I am one of the first 1000. Live in MN, hope they get to it soon.

·
Registered
177 Posts
HSolstice said:
Called GM today to see if they had a Vin for my car yet. They said they are up to Vin 750. My car does not have a Vin yet. Has to be in the last 250 as I am one of the first 1000. Live in MN, hope they get to it soon.
Did you call 866-539-0256

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
HSolstice said:
Hi, Yes that is the number I called. I call there a couple times a week.
If you don't mind sharing - what are the spec's for your car (most importantly - color).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sly, the steel/sand leather, polished wheels, everything else also except for Onstar, Satalite and smoker's pkg. You know we put money down on this car close to 2 years ago now with the dealer when it was only a concept car. Wouldn't have been too happy if we had been unable to get one of the first 1000. What state do you live in?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Last of the 1st 1000 completed by Sept 2nd.....

HSolstice said:
The news for the week......1st 1000 will be complete by Sept 2nd. Lookout allocation trolls, you're next..... :thumbs:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Same boat

You and me are in the same boat. I have bugged my dealer for info
and I have a "partial VIN #" only the front part no car # yet.

I have exactly the same car, Sly fully loaded no onstar or XM or smokers
pkg, but everything else.

Looking like Oct. for us Bud!!!! Since delivery is 4 to 6 weeks from it being built. Sucks doesn't it!!!!

Hoping for Indian Summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!

They are being built right now.

Who knows one of us may have LUCKY car # 777 ????????? Lets hope!

Later!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Call the 866-539-0256 number. You just have to give your name and they will tell you if you have a Vin # yet. I think you will find out from them faster than your dealer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Headuarters is fast

HSolstice said:
Call the 866-539-0256 number. You just have to give your name and they will tell you if you have a Vin # yet. I think you will find out from them faster than your dealer.
I agree. Headquarters doesn't know the details but they may be first to know your VIN. I couldn't wait any longer today and I called. I was rewarded with VIN#716. Next I called my dealer and found out the DOB and that the car is "available to ship". The Inventory Manager offered to call his "Dealer Business Center" tomorrow and get me more details which may include more information about shipping. YES, I AM EXCITED!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Cheers!......Another Vin#......

Del Solstice said:
I agree. Headquarters doesn't know the details but they may be first to know your VIN. I couldn't wait any longer today and I called. I was rewarded with VIN#716. Next I called my dealer and found out the DOB and that the car is "available to ship". The Inventory Manager offered to call his "Dealer Business Center" tomorrow and get me more details which may include more information about shipping. YES, I AM EXCITED!
Cheers to Del Solstice, another Vin#...... :cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ntouched, you never answered my question on where you were able to get info on "the first 1000 will be complete by Sept 2nd", just curious, I hope you are right

·
Registered
193 Posts
HSolstice said:
ntouched, you never answered my question on where you were able to get info on "the first 1000 will be complete by Sept 2nd", just curious, I hope you are right
NTouched is making an educated guess. The VIN's in the 750 range must have been made last week. GM produced over 300 Solsti last week according to Automotive news. If we add 750 to 300 that means that we should hit at least 1050 by the end of this week. That means that by end of Friday all F1K should be done plus about half of the ZZ's and the FM's. This assumes that they had only reached about 750 F1K cars last week.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Del Solstice said:
Congrats Del! I wonder if I'll get to see your car or TJKlise's first. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
ojohnson said:
NTouched is making an educated guess. The VIN's in the 750 range must have been made last week. GM produced over 300 Solsti last week according to Automotive news. If we add 750 to 300 that means that we should hit at least 1050 by the end of this week. That means that by end of Friday all F1K should be done plus about half of the ZZ's and the FM's. This assumes that they had only reached about 750 F1K cars last week.
Making another logical assumption on top of that one too, the week before ~180 were made, this last week ~300 were made. At full line speed they're supposed to reach ~560 cars a week (56 per **** per day, 112 two shifts a day, 560 over 5 days). So by the end of next week they could be near full line speed.

·
Registered
132 Posts
HSolstice said:
Sly, the steel/sand leather, polished wheels, everything else also except for Onstar, Satalite and smoker's pkg. You know we put money down on this car close to 2 years ago now with the dealer when it was only a concept car. Wouldn't have been too happy if we had been unable to get one of the first 1000. What state do you live in?
Congrats HSolstice. I also live in MN and have been watching Excelsior's VIN list to see when the first MN car arrives. So far none that's been reported. I'm also a 1st 1000 owner (soon to be that is), ordered Sly 2-tone, and evidently somewhere between 750 and 1000. Let's see who gets it first. Best of luck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts