Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glass guys came over to the house yesterday and installed the rear side windows. Final pictures out in the cold! Only thing to do now is tweak the rear hatch for better alignment and closure. Will not be on the road until the weather warms up and we get some rain to wash the road salt away. Back into the garage and covered with some soft sheets for a bit...

Attachments

·
Registered
612 Posts
Will not be on the road until the weather warms up ..... Back into the garage and covered with some soft sheets for a bit...
Isn't that one of the reasons for the hard top, the inclement weather? Reminds me of those guys (and gals) that own 4x4's that are 3 feet off the ground and the only hill they traverse is their driveway :lol:

BTW, nice job and great pics.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Very cool and great pics!!!!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As I had stated in an earlier post, I too do not think much of hardtops. I would much rather have my hair (which I still have plenty of!) blowing in the wind. But this top is so different, I had to try it out. It is kind of a pain in the butt, but I think I can change it back to roadster in about 20 minutes with help from the wife or live-in grandkid.

The main reason the car will stay in the garage for awhile, is because I live in the "rust belt" and we have about 10" or so of snow on the ground, still some ice on the roads here and there. Right now, my black 4 X 4 truck is white from salt. Can't wash it off at home, cost six bucks minimum to go thru the car wash. Would rather wait for warmer weather, rain to get rid of salt and then put her back on the road.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
I was sure I would NOT like it, having seen the pics in the few ads for it. But, you did it right! It does not remove the Solstice character and does provide some usable room, from the pics you posted. Well done.

·
Super Moderator
16,392 Posts
I would like to see a picture of the car from a moderate distance at normal viewing height. I think it looks good in the pics but might appear even better with more natural viewing angles and distance

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
I never did like the Edag top in years gone by, but now it is kind of growing on me!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Wow, very funky, nice work. You're going to get a lot of people curious about that.

Did you ever mention whether you had plans to paint the trim around the windshield?

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
At the present time, I have no plans on painting the windshield frame. This summer I am probably going to take the car to some cruise-ins with the hardtop on it and see what kind of interest it draws. I am sure the hardtop will be taken off at times, for some top down cruising. I personally do not think the frame painted black will look good with the top down. Along with the silver wheels, I think the silver frame produces the correct contrast of colors. When I purchased the car this past June, the wheels were painted a dark charcoal and I hated that so had to have them powder-coated to a metallic silver.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Looks good; be interested in hearing reactions you receive. RevengeDesign must of sold quite a few of them this last go around. Wonder if we can qualify to enter the Pontiac Safari Nationals. :lol:

Last time I talked to Norm regarding street coupe conversion he said he only believed a couple of folks were seriously interested in it which is why he's not sure its worth the effort. Point being, if more folks indicate interest by backing it up with deposits that may rekindle his effort.

Then the platform would have four different hardtop options; LE MANS, Club Racer, EDAG, and Norms Coupe. Plus if a Pitbull kit is ever developed that could really increase modifications options. :thumbs:

Rustbelt: area of the USA where 5yr old vehicles qualify for historic plates :brentil:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Looks good; be interested in hearing reactions you receive. RevengeDesign must of sold quite a few of them this last go around. Wonder if we can qualify to enter the Pontiac Safari Nationals. :lol:

Last time I talked to Norm regarding street coupe conversion he said he only believed a couple of folks were seriously interested in it which is why he's not sure its worth the effort. Point being, if more folks indicate interest by backing it up with deposits that may rekindle his effort.

Then the platform would have four different hardtop options; LE MANS, Club Racer, EDAG, and Norms Coupe. Plus if a Pitbull kit is ever developed that could really increase modifications options. :thumbs:

Rustbelt: area of the USA where 5yr old vehicles qualify for historic plates :brentil:
`

Hello, we were just working on the hard top today. Thanks again Norm

1 - 20 of 45 Posts