Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called the Pontiac Support ph. # and talked to a very nice lady who (after checking on things for 5-10 minutes) said that there's been a bulletin put out that simply states they plan on having the 1st 1000 delivered by the end of october and as soon as the last 1st 1000 is delivered they will begin shipping all of the others. She also said that due to the amount of calls that they've been receiving they are unable to do get specific information as to TPW and what not and the only info they are able to give out is the general statement about the 1st 1000 by the end of Oct.

I didn't think to ask if she could tell me exactly how many of the 1st 1000 have been shipped. Is there anybody out there who can answer this question for me??

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
We don't know for sure but it "feels" like 80-90% of 1K are either shipped in transit or delivered. Feels more like end of September for 1K cars.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
simmonsmb said:
She also said that due to the amount of calls that they've been receiving they are unable to do get specific information as to TPW and what not...
Looks like we overburdened the customer service center and now they refuse to give us any more information. I guess its back to imposing on Cricket and stopping by the dealership every week! Sorry, Cricket. :(

·
Registered
976 Posts
dengel said:
Looks like we overburdened the customer service center and now they refuse to give us any more information. I guess its back to imposing on Cricket and stopping by the dealership every week! Sorry, Cricket. :(
Not an issue. As soon as I can get the manager out of his office, I will check your order, and the other 25 in my inbox.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks again for the update. Maybe mine will be here in time to keep it in the dealers showroom for all to look at while we shovel our normal 10 ft. of snow. At least it will be warm and dry.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
What do they mean by "delivered"?

a) Leaving GM property via rail or truck?
b) Arriving at dealership?
c) Accepted by customer?

"A" would make most sense. Otherwise, they may have to wait up to 21 days or so if the one of the last cars goes to the west coast.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
todd_raleigh said:

c) Accepted by customer?

"A" would make most sense. Otherwise, they may have to wait up to 21 days or so if the one of the last cars goes to the west coast.

:agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
705 Posts
simmonsmb said:
She also said that due to the amount of calls that they've been receiving they are unable to do get specific information as to TPW and what not and the only info they are able to give out is the general statement about the 1st 1000 by the end of Oct.QUOTE]

Well I'd have to say this near tears it! End of October before they even THINK of shipping/building my car??? This is one totally fubared promotion Pontiac! I hear there are maybe 20 1stK cars at the plant and they can't get them out for a month and a half??? You'd think they could build new ones faster! I'm not cashing in my chips yet but GM is really leaving a bad taste with me...10 cars in 15 years, all GM...loyalty is hard won and easily lost, you lost me. (I'm sure they're shak'n now, some tiny puke with a buying history of one car every 1.5 years is going elsewhere. I know it's a worthless threat but I need to say next purchase I'm shopping the other makes first.)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pterosaur said:
simmonsmb said:
She also said that due to the amount of calls that they've been receiving they are unable to do get specific information as to TPW and what not and the only info they are able to give out is the general statement about the 1st 1000 by the end of Oct.QUOTE]

Well I'd have to say this near tears it! End of October before they even THINK of shipping/building my car??? This is one totally fubared promotion Pontiac! I hear there are maybe 20 1stK cars at the plant and they can't get them out for a month and a half??? You'd think they could build new ones faster! I'm not cashing in my chips yet but GM is really leaving a bad taste with me...10 cars in 15 years, all GM...loyalty is hard won and easily lost, you lost me. (I'm sure they're shak'n now, some tiny puke with a buying history of one car every 1.5 years is going elsewhere. I know it's a worthless threat but I need to say next purchase I'm shopping the other makes first.)
I wouldn't give up hope yet, they're just saying all of them will be shipped by then at the worst case scenario. In all actuality they will most likely be shipped within the next few weeks and then the 1st allocation will start to ship in October.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Pterosaur said:
simmonsmb said:

The 20 cars should be out alot sooner then that! :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
SCISOLSTICE,

Cryptic...

Be careful what you say if you have "inside sources".

·
Registered
233 Posts
SCISOLSTICE said:
They have all been shipped except # 30. Bogdog..
Add C5 and mssleepr......They are the 2 that have been shipped out on a train and then recalled.... :(

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
2KWK4U said:
SCISOLSTICE,

Cryptic...

Be careful what you say if you have "inside sources".
Think he was making reference to mceb's own #30. whereabouts unknown as a jest but forgot to :jester:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
This "NEWS" is exactly what was said back at the end of July. Same old line. :(

·
Registered
123 Posts
#528 is still at the plant awaiting transit. It was produced on 8/19 and needless to say I'm disgusted with the whole process. I was also told 2 weeks ago by Pontiac Support that it was shipped. Now it appears that was a mistake. I hope thay didn't make mistakes when they built the car.

·
Registered
149 Posts
todd_raleigh said:

c) Accepted by customer?

GM Event codes:
status 4000 - vehicle ready to ship, status 4150 vehicle original invoice ( dealer billed), status 4200 - vehicle shipped, status 5000 - vehicle at dealer and status 6000 - vehicle delivered to customer

hope this helps

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I knew the codes..thanks anyway...i got word that delivered means shipped from the factory. They will immediately ship post F1K after that. So, it doesn't mean arriving at dealer or in the owners hands, it means shipped from the factory. One note. It is possible that post F1K will get their cars before the F1K due to deilivery distances.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts