Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies to the Mods if I missed this info posted elsewhere as I have tried to keep up reading the posts, but I just talked to my dealer and got some info I hadn’t recalled seeing posted yet.

One of them traveled to the west coast last week and saw a Solstice. They demonstrated how the top was lowered, but didn’t see it raised. It’s an all manual operation, and as described here in other posts, works the way it’s implied by the pics on the DVD (ie the trunk release of the "winglets" didnt seem to be powered). Although I couldn’t get specifics, apparently nothing in the top operation was “powered or automatic". Of course we dont know if the tops on the test cars out there will work excactly the same as the production cars. They didn’t get to see in the trunk to checkout how much room is available.

They did get to sit in it. The salesperson is a “height-challenged” person who I would guess is about 5 feet tall. They said they couldn’t even reach the steering wheel or pedals, or see over the steering wheel while sitting back in the seat. Apparently the guy “driving it all over out West” testing it is “well over 6 feet tall” and fits ok. That’s good for me because I’m 6’2”.

I will get a power outlet even if I don’t get the smoker’s package and they won’t screw-in the front plate. I forgot to ask about no dealer sticker placement, but they took the one off my other car without a hassle and replaced it with a plate frame which looks ok. They got 4 EOP cars and supposedly two local dealers got 2-3 cars each. Two other dealers may not have gotten any EOP cars. Nationwide (by report) 9 dealers got 5 EOP cars, 22 got 4 cars and 657 got less or at least one car.

Finally, I still haven’t got any calls to confirm so I called the 866.539.0256 number and was told they will still be calling people for the next two weeks to get confirmations. Yes, they had to tell people the 10/24/05 delivery deadline. No, I couldn’t arrange a time for them to call me to make sure I was available. I guess everything about this EOP program is more challenging and takes longer than predicted by GM. I'm gonna have an ulcer by the time this is over. :willy:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Thanks for the update from your dealer. Did they tell you what they thought of the top operation? Easier than it looks? More difficult than it looks? (per the DVD).

Just keep your fingers crossed on the confirmation call! :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fformula88 said:
Thanks for the update from your dealer. Did they tell you what they thought of the top operation? Easier than it looks? More difficult than it looks? (per the DVD).

Just keep your fingers crossed on the confirmation call! :)

I didnt get much detail from the dealer, but I got the impression that it wasnt difficult per se. Didnt ask how long it took to do, Ill try to get more info tomorrow. Someone just demonstrated it to the group attending the meeting and they said they really didnt get a chance to look the car over other than sit in it. Im assuming the final setup and operation arent finalized completely or we would have seen more of that info in the advertising and info to the dealers. Im guessing that the operation and arrangement may still be in the process of finalizing and confirmatory testing, possibly explaining the delay in firming up delivery dates.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Thats cool. So basically they did for the people in person what the DVD is doing on site at dealers. Just giving them a bit of a sneak peak at what were in for! ;)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Thats cool. So basically they did for the people in person what the DVD is doing on site at dealers. Just giving them a bit of a sneak peak at what were in for! ;)
Yeah, bait and tease, bait and tease. They must be getting all the bugs out before we get ours. ;)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mikefred1952 said:
Yeah, bait and tease, bait and tease. They must be getting all the bugs out before we get ours. ;)
Man I hope so! I could live with alot of problems/growing pain/first year glitches, but I think a top problem would really feel like a kick in the nu...kidneys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts