Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by the painters place tonight to see how the top is coming. In primer and ready for paint. Will paint tomorrow afternoon. Once it has been painted, he will store it away for a couple days to cure. A final color sanding and buffing and should then be ready for me to pick up. The painter said that the top had many low spots and one rather big high zone. The low spots were caused by the glue used to assemble the components of the main hardtop shell. It is finally beginning to look a bit like winter here in Ohio so when the top is ready for pick-up, I plan on having the trunk lid off the car and will place the top directly on the car for the drive home. No windows or back hatch so will have to turn the "furnace" all the way up and dress warm! More pictures when the next episode is ready...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Windows were removed in order to properly prepare and paint around the window areas. Was toying with the idea of going with a vinyl top which definitely would have required window removal.

·
Super Moderator
16,393 Posts
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing the final product on the car.

That painters shop looks just like mine! Amazing that such nice looking results come from such a crappy location.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts