Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I was told the cars are coming off the line faster then they can water check them. (GOOD NEWS)

The cars in the lots are there for one of the following:

Glass change
Rubber change
Deck seal change

·
Registered
141 Posts
deluke said:
What I was told the cars are coming off the line faster then they can water check them. (GOOD NEWS)

Glass change
Rubber change
Deck seal change
Do you think the hold up is:
Testing for the Problem(s)??
Getting replacement parts to fix the problem(s)??
Labor to make the fixes??
All of the above??

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$$ISKING said:
Do you think the hold up is:
Testing for the Problem(s)??
Getting replacement parts to fix the problem(s)??
Labor to make the fixes??
All of the above??
I think it's a combination of all of the above! They can't test the cars fast enough as they come off the line.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Does that mean they are shipping to Arizona faster than anywhere else? :lol:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Does that mean they are shipping to Arizona faster than anywhere else? :lol:
I can only hope! :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Glass change
Rubber change
Deck seal change

So can people anticipate problems with the areas listed about if their car was shipped before the hold?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
im-be-sol said:
Glass change
Rubber change
Deck seal change

So can people anticipate problems with the areas listed about if their car was shipped before the hold?
If there's no problem now, not likely. Over time every convertible will leak. I don't beleive anyone who says otherwise. Seals shrink, etc. But keep in mind htat, no matter how reliable the source, these are just rumors until they are verified as facts. And we may never know one way or the other. ;)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Editguy said:
If there's no problem now, not likely. Over time every convertible will leak. I don't beleive anyone who says otherwise. Seals shrink, etc. But keep in mind htat, no matter how reliable the source, these are just rumors until they are verified as facts. And we may never know one way or the other. ;)
No, this is not just a rumor, it's definate!Very good source.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
deluke said:
No, this is not just a rumor, it's definate!Very good source.
Okay, but earlier in another thread you had said it was a rumor from a good source, so that's why I said that. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
deluke said:

Glass change
Rubber change
Deck seal change
Faster than they can check? Ordinary production in the world would call for a small sampling of any item to be checked, not each and every unit. Sure it will slow down deliveries but will ensure a better rating on JD Power.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im-be-sol said:
Glass change
Rubber change
Deck seal change

I didn't say that, there could be no problems if they passed the water test.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
achieftain said:
Faster than they can check? Ordinary production in the world would call for a small sampling of any item to be checked, not each and every unit. Sure it will slow down deliveries but will ensure a better rating on JD Power.
Every car gets water tested!

·
Registered
44 Posts
When I was at Boxwood last weekend, there were 2 people inspecting the cars on the lot. I wasn't sure why they were opening the back decks and looking around before closing the lids and moving on. Now I think it might have been to inspect the back seals for fit/finish. Make sense?

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Abbott & Costello were great, weren't they? :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
idahobob said:
When I was at Boxwood last weekend, there were 2 people inspecting the cars on the lot. I wasn't sure why they were opening the back decks and looking around before closing the lids and moving on. Now I think it might have been to inspect the back seals for fit/finish. Make sense?
Ya! mine has a minor leak in the trunk, when I droped it off at the dealer for the tonneau and cat back I explained thet are replacing the seals on alot cars, he's pretty sure that probably the problem.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts