Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Update to Solstice book

3K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  King-Oka 
#1 ·
Just finished the Solstice book and really enjoyed the background. But really missed not hearing the end of the story or 'rest' of the story. The coupe for one, the final production numbers, the Opel story and I'm sure there is more. Anyone heard if the author plans a follow up cd or anything?

#2 ·
It's definitely a very special history. It's a car that definitely deserved a book to be written about it. I'm proud to have been a part of that history, and proud of my mother's dedication to the quality of the product. They really stepped up and did a great job with it.

side note: what production # is your coupe?

#7 ·
#3 ·
I tried to interest the author in a web based subscription supplement but couldn't get anywhere. I'm not sure he thought there was enough potential revenue to warrant the job. I'd love to see a complete story too!

#4 ·
Agreed, historically Gary Witzenburg only seems to be interested or focuses on development & release of certain models. This is the only follow-up video information as it relates to the coupe I have ever discovered.

#5 ·
wspohn : I tried to interest the author in a web based subscription supplement but couldn't get anywhere. I'm not sure he thought there was enough potential revenue to warrant the job. I'd love to see a complete story too!
Find out how much he wants and, if its reasonable, pre-sell it.

#6 ·
Has anyone considered pointing him at an Ebook format like on Amazon where he can self publish? Alternatively, we could concievably draft an update and share it with him and he could then Epublish it.

#11 · (Edited)
#13 ·
Pointless. Niche car out of production with dead Division.

Some of us would be interested see a book that included the coupes, the phantom 2010s and the SCCA victories, but the market is microscopic.

As a market, we are Quarks and Neutrinos.

#14 ·
Well now I feel really, really, small and insignificant. I guess I'll go bury my head in the sand and cry.

Wait.....

Did you hear that. Listen real careful.....that's the sound of my bubble bursting. Thanks jimbo old buddy.

#15 ·
What has to be remembered is GW formerly worked for GM press department, that relationship has helped him in establishing a good working relationship with them, it also hinders him (according to his critics) because if GM feels he published something negative it could also impact his future relationship and access to them.

Still, I think it's possible to do a rest of story addendum without getting caught up in the drama. My main concern w/GM is that they cling onto the belief that one sports car is all that's needed. That's like Henry Ford saying you can have a model T in any color as long as it's black. I'm sure the Mazda Miata is very happy with that continued mentality.

#17 ·
I am lucky to own one of the Opel GT books they used to help sell the car over in Greece.

I received it as a thank you for sending a GT owner the black plastic elbow that connects between the turbo and airbox. The nipple on his had broken.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.