Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From GM's website. Also spoke with GM. messed up. This is the FAMILY FIRST program for real GM employees, NOT the "for everybody" promo...

Copied directly from GM website:
All new and unused 2005 GM passenger cars, SUVs, minivans, and light-duty trucks, including Saab and Saturn, are eligible. HUMMER H1 and medium-duty vehicles are not eligible. From time to time, GM may restrict other vehicles. Please refer to the "Vehicle Eligibility" matrix under "Vehicle Shopping" in the top menu. Some other models may have limited availability, especially Corvette. Eligibility of GM vehicles may change at any time without notice.

Elegibility Matrix:
https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gmemployee/virtual/pages/html/ff_vehicle_eligibility_05.html

·
Registered
139 Posts
just talked to G.M. 's family first program. the solstice is still available for true G.M. family and friends program.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
would you mind telling me who you talked to and the number you called b/c I called and they told me no, like 10 minutes ago.

I called 800-235-4646

I want to call them, get it in writing and go to my dealer.

Can't a dealer elect NOT to honor the price? (d**k move, but I would not put it past a stealership).

·
Registered
139 Posts
I called the same number and specified that my father was employed (retired) by G.M. and that I already had my G.M.S. #. They said it is. I just spoke to a customer service rep but don't remember what extension I was on. Sorry. Keep us updated!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK cool. I WILL get them to honor the price. They already gave it to me in writing.

Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Do you need to do this before ordering? We have already ordered but father in-law is retired from GM.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure about that.

I have a long list of questions to ask GM Family First. I will post ALL of the answers tonight. I am also going to get all the answers in writing. Once I do, anyone who wants them can email me and I will send them a printable PDF of the paperwork.

·
Registered
139 Posts
No. All you have to do is have him call The Friends and Family Program # (1-800-235-4646 )before the car comes in to get the G.M.S. #. Then give the dealer the # when you go to pay for the car. The invoice for the car has G.M.S. pricing on it already. The G.M.S. #'s do expire in 180 days. But you can get one in 15 minutes over the phone so i wouldn't get one until your car is almost here.

·
Registered
120 Posts
That is what I thought, but wasn't sure with cars being snatched up so quickly. Thanks for the sanity check.

Thom

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I didn't call in time today. Have to wait till they open tomorrow. I'm calling first thing in the AM. Will post results.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts