Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back. Nice day, figured I'd take a look for those that are waiting.

Not good news. Where as I found 2 Solstices when looking closely at pictures taken last week, today I couldn't spot a one.

Even a parking lot that had at least a thousand Cobalts parked was empty.

I went to the train loading station. I saw H3's, GMC's and some HHR's as well as Cobalts, nary a Solstice to be seen.

Sorry for the news, but I figured you'd want to know.

A TV station was there doing a story on the UAW agreement and maybe you may see my Sol driving in the background, but thats the only one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
Did I miss something? It would seem to me a GOOD thing that the Sols are NOT sitting around at Lordstown? Keep em movin. Thanks for the update.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,964 Posts
SunSports said:
Did I miss something? It would seem to me a GOOD thing that the Sols are NOT sitting around at Lordstown? Keep em movin. Thanks for the update.
It appears they're piling up at the Plant in Delaware, from the photos posted in another thread....Not good-at least if they're getting to Ohio, they're enroute somewhere... :leaving:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
For people waiting to ship, it may be bad news. Perhaps a hold up at Wilmington.

However, for people who HAVE been shipped (i.e. ME!) this is fantastic news!

Now it is without a doubt en-route, so it should definitely be very soon when I get it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are a couple of pictures that I took while around Lordstown on Monday.

The first is me running escort for a trailer full of Sol.......Cobalts

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/29219111450.jpg&s=x10

The next is a parking lot that I had taken a picture of in the last Lordstown thread. There were over a thousand Cobalts in that lot. Empty now

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/29219061112.jpg&s=x10

Next is a Solstice that broke out. Not really, just mine wanting to go back........hey get away from the fence Celeste!

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/29219035279.jpg&s=x10
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Hey Marco,
Thanks for the pics. What do you think happened to all the cars that were there? On their way to their final destination, or moved for another reason?
Appreciate all your pics, especially the high speed ones!
Cwh55
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cwh55 said:
Hey Marco,
Thanks for the pics. What do you think happened to all the cars that were there? On their way to their final destination, or moved for another reason?
Appreciate all your pics, especially the high speed ones!
Cwh55
I believe the ones I spotted a few weeks ago were sent to Detroit or delivered.

What I'm concerned about is that there should be a constant rotation of new Solstices coming off the line to replace the ones that are getting forwarded.

I haven't seen any replacements for the last two weeks.

Seeing that most Solstices are sent through Lordstown, it indicates to me that there being held in Wilmington. Just my opinion.

Heres a shot of the trainyard. GMC's, Hummers, HHR's Cobalts and a ton of Nissans

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/29219350920.jpg&s=x10

Next is an area that I shot a picture of about 60-70 Sols 3 weeks ago. Last week 2, this week? I don't see any

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/29219360850.jpg&s=x10
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dylan01 said:
??? not getting it ???
Penis envy is a complex......sign says Lordstown complex. Bad attempt at humor I guess.

How about this.

What do you call an Italian who has one arm shorter than the other?

You call it a speech impediment!
 

·
Sol Driving Member
Joined
·
2,597 Posts
Marco said:
Penis envy is a complex......sign says Lordstown complex. Bad attempt at humor I guess.

How about this.

What do you call an Italian who has one arm shorter than the other?

You call it a speech impediment!

Marco, that was a little too complex for us simple-minded folks... :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
GO_DRVN said:
Marco, that was a little too complex for us simple-minded folks... :willy:
My best guess is that he is implying that Itallians use hand jestures more than other cultures... so having a short arm would be... a handicap?

I mean, it's a far stretch, and I have to guess to get the jist of this humor.
 

·
Sol Driving Member
Joined
·
2,597 Posts
Fortimir said:
My best guess is that he is implying that Itallians use hand jestures more than other cultures... so having a short arm would be... a handicap?

I mean, it's a far stretch, and I have to guess to get the jist of this humor.
Not the Italian humor...been to Italy and fully understood that part :) ... it was that COMPLEX sign thing.

Guess Marco has to keep his day job just a little bit longer. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GO_DRVN said:
Not the Italian humor...been to Italy and fully understood that part :) ... it was that COMPLEX sign thing.

Guess Marco has to keep his day job just a little bit longer. :)
I'm trying to maintain my amateur status for the comedy olympics.

How do you get a sweet 90 year old lady to yell (insert vulgar word here)?


You get another sweet 90 year old lady to yell bingo!


It's true, Its true :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,258 Posts
Mark just checked in from Lordstown
he will post pictures of three more rail cars loaded with Sol's later today
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
I just found out that I am off work today so I am going to the plant in Deleware to take a look. I am just waiting on my roomate to get home so I can borrow his camera
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Yesterday I heard from a dealer that some of the transports into Ohio are going directly from the Plant to the dealership. That was the word from GM.
I would assume that this might be the same for other surrounding states.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
New Pictures from last week

Here are some pictures I took at Lordstown last week.

There were no Solstices around the plant, but there were about 50-60 in the trainyard.

Some shots will show the ramp used to load the rail cars.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/30219191212.jpg&s=x11

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/30219195635.jpg&s=x11

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/30219212478.jpg&s=x11

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/30219215226.jpg&s=x11

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/30219222873.jpg&s=x11
 
1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Top