Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Been there, it's on my favorites hit list. New postings are enough days apart for Solsticeman to take care of business here and on the Sky site as well. They post comments and replies which in itself is pretty amazing, although they do review and edit if necessary to keep it 'clean'. There have appeared some harsh comments on GM quailty and ability to produce.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to admit that I am impressed that he would take the time to. Most people in his position would not. Makes me feel even better about my choice!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yeah I have to agree, even if the information being written has to be snatized before we get to see it it's still nice to see he has a pressence somewhere we can read it.

The URL listed above is incorrect. It's actually...
http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Not only is Bob Lutz a huge auto enthusiast, he is also an extremely good businessman. You generally don't find both, and that is why you get car guys at the top of auto companies who hurt the company financially, and on the other end you get great businessmen who are great with the finance end, but wouldn't know an exciting car from a hole in the ground.

Lutz is one of a rare breed that can run a huge auto company successfully, and can also insure exciting products make it to showrooms.

The blog is an extremely interesting thing! I think its great that he is sharing thoughts on that blog and accepting comments. I have left a couple so far!

It would have been interesting to see what he would have done with Chrysler, had Lee Iaccoca not named Bob Eaton his successor instead of Lutz (for mostly personal reasons, and Iaccoca has since admitted it was a mistake).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts