Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let me start by saying this upgrade was do, to the New SKY cooler\travel bag that was designed for our sister car and forum
There were some new additions and more embroidery added to the smaller bags.
The main cooler remains the same and is NOT INCLUDED in the UPGRADE.
The upgrade now includes as you will see from the pictures below a new additional and larger reflector. This reflector is now permanently attach to the trunk of the car and is also double insulated. You no longer require to use the smaller upper reflector for that purpose.
The other addition is a Protective Convertible Travel Bag that converts the cooler into a Travel Bag.
Finally the 2 side smaller cooler bags and the pocket book have been upgraded to include the Solstice Silhouette as you have in the main bag.
The price for the upgrade is $18.00 + $7.00 for shipping. Total of $25.00.
Now LatinVenom you said practically for FREE, well as you can see the 2 small coolers and the pocket book are been replace, so you could sell the originals here or on E-Bay for the price you are paying for the upgrade. There are thousands of Solstice owners and ONLY 200 of these unique bags. Granted is ONLY the smaller coolers and pocket book but still unique enough to have them and use them.
I use mine every day instead of a brown bag, plus it has a lot more space for other items etc.
The following is very important PLEASE when sending payment make sure you include your forum NAME. Also if paying with a check Please include either a Phone number or e-mail, otherwise I can not ship the package.
If you all want to use PAYPAL then you need to add the $1.00 fee (is really $1.03) to the total. I thought giving you the chance to pay by check would be better. It is really your choice.
Hope you like what you see below.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
More pictures
One note, there is NO VELCRO on the non shiny side as the picture shows.
That was the original prototype and I asked the factory to remove it.

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
LV, my original bag was red. Would you mind if I requested the in black? I'm thinking the 2-tone would look nice, especially with the Red Solstice in red stitch.

·
Premium Member
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LV, my original bag was red. Would you mind if I requested the in black? I'm thinking the 2-tone would look nice, especially with the Red Solstice in red stitch.
I did not make any extras. The quantities are the same as the originals 50 Red and 150 Black.
Is possible not everyone will upgrade but will not know that for a few months.
Can you wait and see what the members here will do.
As you can see I am giving this upgrade at way below cost, so I would think everyone that owns one of the originals will want to have the upgrade.
I do have 4 original bags(3 Black 1 Red) that were slated for the Charity Auction that never materialise since GM (Bob lutz, Vicky ) never wrote me or any one here on the forum that tried to contact them to pull this off. I am waiting until the end of the month to see if some how they change their mind and contact me or one of the other members that wrote to them asking for the help with the Charity Auction. The idea was for them to sign these 4 bags as a group and then the forum would put them on for Auction on E-Bay, then 100% of the proceeds were going to be distribute among 3 Charities.
I may then put those 4 bags for sale for the original cost + the cost of the upgrade and shipping.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
LV.... Please put me down for the Black-upgrade.... Received the donation and I love the extras.... I will put check in mail tomarrow...

Thanks.... Kim

·
Premium Member
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
To ALL the Original Owners:
You are guarantee an upgrade. There is no reason to reserve anything, just send your payment along with your MEMBER ID, a phone # or email address.
I have a spread sheet with everyone that purchase one of the original Solstice coolers.
If for what ever reason you have changed your member ID from when you purchase the original Solstice cooler, you MUST tell me what it was.
I will NOT SELL any of these upgrades to a member that did not get the ORIGINAL.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I did not make any extras. The quantities are the same as the originals 50 Red and 150 Black.
Is possible not everyone will upgrade but will not know that for a few months.
Can you wait and see what the members here will do?
I will be glad to wait. I'll keep an eye on this thread and remind you sometime in the future. Definitely want the upgrade, but am willing to wait for the option if it is available in the future. Thanks for the offer LV, you're the best :cool:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I'm definitely in for the upgrades as well. I was planning on sending you the $$ via paypal. I assume the email address is the same [email protected] . . . . . I will send a PM as well, but I though others may need the information to send you payment. Thanks again for a great product at a great price.

·
Premium Member
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
If any member wants to use Paypal as the means to pay, you must certainly can do so, but please add the $1.00 fee.
My Paypal is the same, so is my address, if you kept the PM I'd originally send the members back in August of last year.
Please pass the word about this oportunity to get your original bag upgraded plus the other parts.
I do not want to start a thread on the General forum area, but I fear this part of the forum may not be visited as much as the General and other sections, thanks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey 'LV'
I'm in for your upgrade. Check will be in the mail tomorrow. Thank you for the GREAT products.
Bill

·
Premium Member
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Folks
Please remember if you are using PAYPAL you need to tell me your Forum ID,
otherwise I have no idea who you are and what cooler you initialy ordered.
The above holds true for members using checks.
Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
I originally ordered the black and wanted to request the upgrade in the red. I'd be willing to do the simple switcharoo...you can send this member my black and me their red. What do ya say? Pending your reply i'll paypal...Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Guys, I have no problem if that is what you seem to want.
Understand I have tried what you both want and it just does not look good.
I know you still have the originals, but what makes the bag stand out even more now than from before, is the matching embroidery all around the bags.
Once you do this and every upgrade is sold then you will not have the matching pieces.
If after all this you both decide YES, PLEASE make sure you each tell me on your letter or Paypal note what you want.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Guys, I have no problem if that is what you seem to want.
Understand I have tried what you both want and it just does not look good.
I know you still have the originals, but what makes the bag stand out even more now than from before, is the matching embroidery all around the bags.
Once you do this and every upgrade is sold then you will not have the matching pieces.
If after all this you both decide YES, PLEASE make sure you each tell me on your letter or Paypal note what you want.
LV;

PM sent by me to you. I want the Black upgrade. Send me your address again, because I do not use PayPal and never will use PayPal.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.