Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put in LED lights fly shoes now are extremely rapid is there an upgrade I can do on the flasher to bring it back to normal

·
Premium Member
17,536 Posts
Good Morning
There is no flasher unit in the conventional sense. The turn signals are turned on and off by the body control module. There is no way to change the "flasher".

When you install LED lights with their much lower current draw, you need to "fool" the BCM into believing that it is seeing a fully functioning light bulb. When the BCM sees a lower current draw, it assumes that one of the bulbs is burned out and lets the driver know that a bulb needs to be changed by going to a fast flash mode.

When you install LED lights you need to add a load resister that draws enough current such that the combination of the LED and the resister matches the normal draw of a functioning light bulb.

Put a load resister in parallel with the LED and all will be fine.

I mounted mine to the frame below the trunk and ran the wires up to the two wires to the light across the bulb. One to ground, one to the plus side. The load resister generates heat that will melt plastic parts over time so putting it on the frame is a good solution.

Here is another thread on this subject

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/led-turn-signal-load-resistors-66842/

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts