Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the LNF silicone combo hose kit from DDM. I replaced the throttle body and intake tube OK. Now comes the hard part, replacing the upper radiator hose. I would like to drain some coolant out before I remove the old hose but can't figure out how to do this, short of removing a hose and spilling coolant all over the place. Does anyone know how to drain down the cooling system? I watched Dave's youtube video on refilling the system and bleeding out the air, but no clues on how to drain the coolant.

Thanks, Don from Nanaimo

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Just be sure that when you fill it, you use the vacuum filler. Or air lock will occur.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did look for a drain cock on the bottom of the radiator but could not see one which, for me, is not unusual. If I can't find an item around the house I will of course yell for help from my wife. Invariably, said item is right in front of me. I think it must be magic, one second it is not there and then presto chango, I take a second look and there it is. Like I said, magic.

Don

·
Registered
245 Posts
It's hidden. Feel inside the radiator support. The coolant will come out the hole in the support directly below the access hole for the petcock valve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts