Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Solstice have one of those funky indicator lights that comes on to tell you when to upshft for best fuel economy? I haven't seen this discussed anywhere so I figured there wasn't one...

·
Registered
542 Posts
No...there is no upshift light.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Hallelujah! That's one mod I don't have to do :cheers:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wannasolstice2 said:
No...there is no upshift light.
Thanks, I hope they don;t put one on the Sky either!!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sweet, I hate that annoying light in my Sunfire!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I got to ride in a supercharged CTS-V the other day. It had a racing shift light stealth-mounted in one of the air vents, with a toggle switch to turn it on and off when needed. It was done very professionally and used red led's in the air vent. I plan on copying that mod...

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Dummy lights were probably NEVER a consideration on the Solstice because, well... I think they figured being a roadster and all, that there would be many different tastes in shifting... and half the buyers aren't fuel-economy-paranoids, and most already know how to drive a manual.

Although I would rather have a dummy light than the airbag light. Bah.

The red LED in the vent is kinda cool though.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Performance shift lights... Why?

Shift light for performance? It shouldn't take you long to figure the optimum shift points for any car, if you can't read a tach, or feel when the car needs to be shifted in the seat of your pants and by the sound of the engine, then you need to buy an Automatic....

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Classic66vair said:
Shift light for performance? It shouldn't take you long to figure the optimum shift points for any car, if you can't read a tach, or feel when the car needs to be shifted in the seat of your pants and by the sound of the engine, then you need to buy an Automatic....
It's not necessarily for street use. At the strip, a shift light is a necessity if you want to run consistent. i.e. for bracket racing.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2KWK4U said:
It's not necessarily for street use. At the strip, a shift light is a necessity if you want to run consistent. i.e. for bracket racing.
now seriously is anyone really considering DRAG racing their Solstice???
thats not what the car is designed for , I don't know anyone that would want to do that... to me that would be like trying to drive a 70 SS454 Chevelle on a road course...

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Classic66vair said:
now seriously is anyone really considering DRAG racing their Solstice???
thats not what the car is designed for , I don't know anyone that would want to do that... to me that would be like trying to drive a 70 SS454 Chevelle on a road course...
:agree:

Hey, I'm with you, man! I think SkyCaptain might plan on drag racing, but he has big power mod plans as well. If I wind up doing serious power mods, I'll probably take mine to the strip from time-to-time as well, but most of my non-street performance driving will be autocross (or, God willing at Nurburgring - c'mon Air Force, send me to Germany).

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2KWK4U said:

Hey, I'm with you, man! I think SkyCaptain might plan on drag racing, but he has big power mod plans as well. If I wind up doing serious power mods, I'll probably take mine to the strip from time-to-time as well, but most of my non-street performance driving will be autocross (or, God willing at Nurburgring - c'mon Air Force, send me to Germany).
Hey are you in the Airforce? My son is, and he is stationed in Iceland.....

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Yep. 9 Years now. Haven't had the pleasure of being to Iceland. Not even TDY. I've heard it's great, though!

·
Registered
527 Posts
2KWK4U said:

Yep, I'm one of a handful that plan on drag racing a Kappa. Drag racing ain't just for muscle cars anymore. Even the import crowd gets into it. And like them, I don't plan on making it a a drag-strip-only car, but it's definately one of the major things that are driving my vision.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts