Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
USATODAY: General Motors: 'We make vehichles other than the Solstice'

Link to USATODAY article

WILMINGTON, De. (AP) — In a shocking announcement made earlier this morning by Chairman and CEO of GM North America, G. Richard Wagoner Jr., General Motors claims to make vehicles other than the highly aclaimed Pontiac Solstice.

"You aren't serious," Wagoner said in regards to the public's seemingly unaware attitude towards 'other' phantom GM models. "General Motors was founded in 1897. What the hell do you think we've been doing up until now?"

GM's president added that he was appalled that anyone could fail to remember such trend-setting vehichles as the Chevorlet Corvette, Hummer, Pontiac GTO, or Pontiac Aztek. "We at GM have never claimed responsibility of said 'Aztek,'" he added.

Authorities in and around General Motors have also agreed to these claims that GM produces other models, and some have even gone as far to say GM has being at it for "some time now."

Further third-party research actually appears to confirm these claims. When accessing the Kelly Blue Book online (www.kbb.com) and GM is chosen from a drop-down, there are indeed other models listed beyond "Solstice."

Bob Lutz, GM Vice President and catalyst to the creation of the Pontiac Solstice, refused to comment on these remarks.

Over at www.solsticeforum.com the thoughts are mixed. One user, Solitud, said "What? GM makes other cars? Not just the Solstice???" while another user, Gizmo2004, said "Yhaeeh we gone and done alls gooder on the marisol 'cause the hotdog hamster done and gone it malgoodun!" The Associated Press declined interpretation. The comment is believed to have been made for the sole purpose of raising post count.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
WHY do you guys do this to me in the night time hours? I need sleep!

I almost keeled over laughing from KLECKO's Help! thread,

and now Fortimir kills me with this one!

Great job, Fortimir! :)

I'll git ya fer that one!

Just like I got Che Guevara.

Just like I got John Lennon.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police always get their man.

gizmo2004 always gits his rebeloonerary, er, revolutionary!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gizmo2004 said:
and you're from Texas?

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Fortimir said:
and you're from Texas?
Well, was I talking with a Can EH dian accent

or with a Texas accent?

Well, that was my best attempt at a Texas accent, anyway. I'm not Ann Richards, now SHE has a Texas accent!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I think this Thread may have the highest Post Count to View Count ratio I've ever seen.

7:8 as of this second.

*edit* three minutes later it was 7:51

nevermind.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Oh no, Giz ... you've done it now! I forsee a plethora of these threads popping up now as your nominees start campaigning. Might need to be a new joke forum to accomodate them down the road.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SlySol said:
Oh no, Giz ... you've done it now! I forsee a plethora of these threads popping up now as your nominees start campaigning. Might need to be a new joke forum to accomodate them down the road.
Eh, that wasn't the reason I did it. But of course, I think this is a mighty tasteful joke.

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Fortimir - GREAT JOB! :thumbs:

·
Registered
178 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
WHY do you guys do this to me in the night time hours? I need sleep!

I almost keeled over laughing from KLECKO's Help! thread,

and now Fortimir kills me with this one!

Great job, Fortimir! :)

I'll git ya fer that one!

Just like I got Che Guevara.

Just like I got John Lennon.

gizmo2004 always gits his rebeloonerary, er, revolutionary!

Gizmo--Can you comment on your quoted statement? :)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Very funny :lol:

But you have a picture of the 2002 concept car attached :leaving:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mceb said:
But you have a picture of the 2002 concept car attached :leaving:
Don't most generic news articles?

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Good stuff! Thanks for the early Friday morning laugh!

--Chemist

(But seriously, GM makes OTHER cars?) :lol:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Chemist said:
(But seriously, GM makes OTHER cars?) :lol:
I know... I was shocked as well.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
DAMN, you made me look ... I was wondering how I missed this article this morning when I walked into the corporate HQ of USA TODAY in McLean, VA!!

·
5,600 Posts
I can vouch for GM's claim. They in fact DO build other cars.

Their Cadillac Division builds the CTS-V.

Their Chevy Division builds the Corvette.

Their Pontiac Division builds the Soltice and RUMOR has it, a TGO or something like that.

So in fact, GM builds 3 cars other than the Solstice. With another rumored car coming from yet another new Division called Saturn. ;)

·
2,574 Posts
Fortimir said:
Eh, that wasn't the reason I did it. But of course, I think this is a mighty tasteful joke.
Nice job Fort. It definitely had your your touch all over it. Very high quality material! :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts