Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Hann Racecraft stage 2 turbo for my car should be getting it soon .I want to get a spare ECM so I don't have any downtime during the installation a guy has one on EBay with a Werks turbo stage 2 tune . I know I have to reprogram the ECM to my Vin # and clear the current tune is this a viable alternative or should I bite the bullet and buy a new ECM ? Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
You do not say what year is your car.
If you have a 2007 then a 2008 will not work.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
You do not say what year is your car.
If you have a 2007 then a 2008 will not work.
The reason being is they changed the architecture of the ECM from '07 to '08. Many people don't know this.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
If it is compatible, you also have to to a crank-angle sensor relearn, which takes a special tool.

·
Premium Member
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2007 and I'm aware that the ECM is only used in 06 and 07 cars have an Email in to find out the year.

·
Premium Member
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crank- angle sensor relearn is this a program that's fed into the computer? Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The ECM has to store some details about the sensor, while the engine is running.

·
Premium Member
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much the info still have not heard back from the E bay guy so I'm going to order a new one from Preformance Auto Werks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts