Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 676 Posts

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Kind of obvious, it is a take on my 1988 Fiero Formula, and my screenname on the Fiero forum. Not really Solstice related, but that is ok.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Excelsior
1987: CB Radio + red car = Red Rider = "Who's red do you ride?"
1987(1 week later): Wanted a knight sounding name, but not Excalibur. So Excelsior popped into my head. I later remembered that it is the NY State Motto and means "Ever Upwards".
Present: Everyone thinks I pulled it from Star Trek.

Been using it since.

·
Registered
124 Posts
EastOcean.. I grew up on the west coast. The handle is a reminder that the Ocean is on the EAST here. ;-) Otherwise, I would be lost...

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
my initials..

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm an Explosive Ordnance Disposal (aka military Bomb Squad) team leader, cool under pressure. . . also a play on my last name

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
My initials which by coincedense happen to sort of spell a driving term, that is if you spell like I usually do! :lol:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...ditto duh!

thot of it in about 2 seconds. Sol is obvious, but Rich doesn't refer to my wealth (unfortunately).
:cool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
O_A_G, Ordinary Average Guy, a nickname I earned in college from an old Joe Walsh song...

·
Registered
819 Posts
Crawdad is a tweak on my last name, Crawford, that has been used since I was in greade school.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
mobboss said:
I am Bob Moss, reputed Mobboss. Jewish woodworking gangster from LI. My Sly Sol -465- seems stuck on the I-95; might get some colleagues to hijack that truck ;)
Hey, boss, we stuck da body in da trunk of yous car over dere bud it aint gonna all fit! :lol:

Me, I bleed Pontiac, for some reason. Always wanted a 50'sChieftain convertible (don't have) and it puts me near the top of the alphabetical list, too. Look who's online, most days I'm #1. Same name at Sky but to the crew at the other sites I make them refer to me as "ChiefPontiac", can't quite get them to add "sir".

·
Registered
251 Posts
druid-2 said:
then i got my equinoxes mixed with my solstices and changed it to 4
I know better..it is 2
There are also only 2 equinoxes as well!! ;)

SOL MIO... is a spoof to the lyrics to 'O Sole Mio (My Own Sun), combined with my desire to drive a SOLstice, while I enjoy "my own sun", and my intent to use it as a customized plate...NOPE can't get the plate...

MY OWN SUN
:) :)

What a wonderful thing a sunny day
The cool air after a thunderstorm!
The fresh breezes banish the heavy air…
What a wonderful thing a sunny day.

But another sun,
that’s brighter still
It’s my own sun
that’s in your face!
The sun, my own sun
It’s in your face!
It’s in your face!

Shining is the glass from your window;
A washwoman is singing and bragging
Wringing and hanging laundry and singing
Shining is the glass from your window.

But another sun,
that’s brighter still
It’s my own sun
that’s in your face!
The sun, my own sun
It’s in your face!
It’s in your face!

When night comes and the sun
has gone down,
I start feeling blue;
I’d stay below your window
When night comes and the sun
has gone down.

But another sun,
that’s brighter still
It’s my own sun
that’s in your face!
The sun, my own sun
It’s in your face!
It’s in your face!
;) ;)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Mine doesn't mean anything. I needed to choose a name to play Diablo 2 and was trying to think of something somewhat menacing. All I could hear in my head was the voice from the old Gauntlet 4 player stand-up ("warrior is about to die!") and Darkhamr came out, which of course wouldn't be cool to spell normally.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My Air Force callsign is "Slim" and I have certain amount of skill at a popular billiards game called 9 Ball....and it'll only cost ya' $20 a rack in a race to 7 if you want to find out just how much skill that is ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Daring Project

I use this for everything. A few years ago I was the manager of a ballet company in New York City. We had a famous Russian Ballarina as our principal dancer and the choreographer was more of modern dancer. She was the one who did the choreography for "Oh Calcutta"...you remeber, the first nude broadway show...(she also starred in that). We did really different things with girls in pointe shoes to cool music. We did a ballet called "The Seven Deadly Sins" to Rolling Stones music. It was fun. Anyway, the ballet company was called "The Daring Project".

21 - 40 of 676 Posts