Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a miss at idle on my GXP. So far I have checked for vacumn leaks, checked all the grounds, run cleaner through it and I just replaced the plugs with NGK 41-108 gapped at .035. The car accelerates and cruises perfectly, but when you come to a stop, the car will idle smooth for about 10 seconds then develop a steady miss that you could dance to. While pondering this, I turned on the A/C and the miss instantly stopped. I turn off the A/C and the miss returned. What does that mean? :confused:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Maybe one of your injectors are clogged or faulty. Some people had trouble with injectors leaking as well.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Turning on the A/C just causes the ECM to raise the idle a bit. Prolly just overcomes the lower idle missing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That makes sense, I was kind of hoping it would point to another source of the miss. I guess I will try running some more cleaner through it.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
That makes sense, I was kind of hoping it would point to another source of the miss. I guess I will try running some more cleaner through it.
I tried this too. It does not fix the problem. It looks like you have an 08' as I do to. I'm starting to see a pattern here. So how many 08' GXP car have this shudder at idle problem? Mine does this to. I think we may need a recall letter sent to GM about this. Looks like replacing the injectors is the only way to fix the problem.

·
Super Moderator
16,393 Posts
Have you tried swapping the coil packs? I remember one instance where the combination of coil pack, wire and plug on one cylinder was causing a missfiring which went away when the coil packs were rotated to a differenc location.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Have you tried swapping the coil packs? I remember one instance where the combination of coil pack, wire and plug on one cylinder was causing a missfiring which went away when the coil packs were rotated to a differenc location.
Yep, tried that first. Same results. It's bad fuel injectors, or they are on their way out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts