Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Previously owned a 2007 Solstice. Base model, manual trans, limited slip, black on black.
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow members,
I received an email from an individual this morning in regards to the sale of Mallett #3 LS (most likely LS2) V-8 conversion. I do not know how this person got my email, and have no idea if it is really legitimate. Does not smell or feel like a scam. I've since taken an alternative route having given up on a existing V-8 conversion.

Perhaps this will help out another interested member.......

Lou

Following email:

I own Mallett Sky #003...has about 1200 miles on it....1200, not 12,000 ... Jim Whitmer 405 751 4521...for sale at $55000.

·
Registered
965 Posts
If that is 2006 Mallett #003 it is the one originally ordered by the owner of inline tube, it is white with blue stripes, LS2, with some body mods done to it. I think it Sold at auction last year. It does have alot of mods done to it, body, interior, & suspension & Brakes.

Yup sold at Mecum last this year, didn't meet reserve at $45,000.00 also was a hot rod magazine cover car. I like some of the mods, but not most of them. I don't care for the interior and some of the body mods like the rear wing. $55K seems a bit high to me, but if you want a car that was a national magazine cover car? maybe not so much. To me it doesn't add any value, but others opinions may vary.

·
Administrator
10,690 Posts
If that is 2006 Mallett #003 it is the one originally ordered by the owner of inline tube, it is white with blue stripes, LS2, with some body mods done to it. I think it Sold at auction last year. It does have alot of mods done to it, body, interior, & suspension & Brakes.

Yup sold at Mecum last this year, didn't meet reserve at $45,000.00 also was a hot rod magazine cover car. I like some of the mods, but not most of them. I don't care for the interior and some of the body mods like the rear wing. $55K seems a bit high to me, but if you want a car that was a national magazine cover car? maybe not so much. To me it doesn't add any value, but others opinions may vary.

So it sold at Mecum, or was offered for sale but didn't sell?
This is a quote from the seller:
am getting old...need to sell it...`1200 miles...not 12,000..
That doesn't sound like a comment from someone who just bought it, but it clearly could be.

·
Registered
Previously owned a 2007 Solstice. Base model, manual trans, limited slip, black on black.
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, everything is crazy and out of wack right now.. A neighbor just purchased a 1966 Chevelle Super Sport resto rod for $70k at the recent Pidgin Forge car show. It is very nice....but at $70, I don't know. I'll post photos when I get home. Out for a cruise right now!

·
Administrator
10,690 Posts
Well, everything is crazy and out of wack right now.. A neighbor just purchased a 1966 Chevelle Super Sport resto rod for $70k at the recent Pidgin Forge car show. It is very nice....but at $70, I don't know. I'll post photos when I get home. Out for a cruise right now!
We were in Pigeon Forge the week before the meet and saw many of the cars showing up early for a good "parking" place. The was a truckload of 6 cars parked at our hotel that had just arrived for the show, but was leaving already, as the cars had been bought by a Florida collector.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We were in Pigeon Forge the week before the meet and saw many of the cars showing up early for a good "parking" place. The was a truckload of 6 cars parked at our hotel that had just arrived for the show, but was leaving already, as the cars had been bought by a Florida collector.
Wow! I understand this show is twice a year. I've been unaware of it until this year, and I live only 2 hrs away!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As promised, here is a link to some photos of my neighbors 66 SS for $70K:

And, here is a link to another neighbors new vette that he won last fall in a $125 dollar lottery ticket that Bowling Green Musume sponsors! Can you believe it! Brand new vette for $125.00!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

He states in his email that it is a Saturn Sky. So, not really sure what is going on....mabey a scam??

·
Registered
965 Posts
My bad did not see that it clearly states it is a Sky, I do not have Sky #003 on my list for either 2007 or 2008, so it is unknown to me. Any other info welcome for my list.

Reactions: agent008

·
Registered
796 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello fellow members,
I received an email from an individual this morning in regards to the sale of Mallett #3 LS (most likely LS2) V-8 conversion. I do not know how this person got my email, and have no idea if it is really legitimate. Does not smell or feel like a scam. I've since taken an alternative route having given up on a existing V-8 conversion.

Perhaps this will help out another interested member.......

Lou

Following email:

I own Mallett Sky #003...has about 1200 miles on it....1200, not 12,000 ... Jim Whitmer 405 751 4521...for sale at $55000.
The Mallet option alone on a new Solstice was $82k, add the original MSRP and a new one was far north of 120k. I know because I nearly bought one in 2008, I chickened out and bought the GXP which cost me $42k. The good news is that it highly unlikely it will depreciate (since they are so rare). So even if you have some fun with it, you'll be able to recoop your investment.

·
Registered
965 Posts
The Mallet option alone on a new Solstice was $82k, add the original MSRP and a new one was far north of 120k. I know because I nearly bought one in 2008, I chickened out and bought the GXP which cost me $42k. The good news is that it highly unlikely it will depreciate (since they are so rare). So even if you have some fun with it, you'll be able to recoop your investment.
What Mallett option are you talking about? The Base LS2 conversion without keeping the A/C working was $20-23,000 depending on the year you ordered it. (It increased each year by about $1,000.) Now he had plenty of options, from head work to Super or Turbo charged LS7's. Along with body, paint, suspension, brakes, and even interior and frame mods he would do. I have seen invoices ranging from $20,000 to $120,000 worth of work done to various Kappa's.

My early 2006 had the base LS2, with the optional A/C & non adjustable Penske/Mallett shocks, and it totaled just below $28,000 in mod's. Most of the invoices I have copies of fall into the $25-30,000 range. So most cars modified the owner would have around $50K invested including the purchase price of the car. Remember Chuck recomended that you start out with a Base car not a GXP or Redline to save some $$$. So again what modifications where you asknig for with a 82K price tag? Just Curious, not calling you out in any way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts