Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
281 - 300 of 361 Posts
Discussion starter · #281 · (Edited)
$40,000, 09 coupe (#333) Not finished. Must contact seller for complete information.
FB Group: Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky Classifieds
FB Member: Zach Bazzy

Sellers comments: This is a Performance Autowerks LS3 and TR6060 conversion done to Coupe #333. Trying to keep this short, the car was in the process of being built, but was not completed. That being said, Performance Autowerks is a full turn key "OEM" conversion. Texas Speed did a stage 3 cam package, the ECU requires HP Tuner for tuning. Also has adjustable suspension, chassis bracing, and more. I moved states for a long term contract, so the car is in a climate controlled unit. I'm more than willing to go into more detail with a potential buyer, but please no tire kickers.

Seller clarified tasks to be completed: Install the radiator, run reverse light trigger wire to interior fuse box, reinstall ABS module, mount shifter linkage to trans tunnel, reinstall interior/shifter trim, torque driveshaft/engine mounts, remount clutch pedal, bleed system, fill oil. The GM Security relearn procedure cleared, the clutch pedal sensor still needs to be cleared. Apart from dyno tuning, the main cost for someone would be how they want to finish the exhaust

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

It could be very nice, but that is alot of $$ for a car that likely needs anouther $10-12K put into it to drive it.

Discussion starter · #283 ·
FB Group: Saturn Sky, Pontiac Solstice, Opel GT Classifieds & Tech (Richard Bazley)

$30,000 · MELBOURNE, KY, 2007 Saturn SKY · Convertible · Driven 17,000 miles
2007 Mallet Sky #007. 17k miles garage kept and well maintained. 2nd owner(inherited). Mallet modified LS2 V8 base sky. Just don’t have the time to enjoy it the way my father did. Serious enquirer only please. Please message for details and more information. Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Plant Light
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

Thanks for posting it, I had it on my list, but with not much info, the 2nd one I have seen with Cloth seats, and this one does not have the steering wheel controls for the radio. Nice looking car for a very nice price.

Reactions: ChopTop
That one was on BAT a few times . . .

2019 - $28,250 plus about $1500 auction fees

2021 - $28,000 plus about $1400 auction fees

Elsewhere

2016 - Asking $32,500
2016 - Asking $35,500

Discussion starter · #287 ·
2006 Mallett #041 for sale in TN $30,000

View attachment 120579
Above link is dead. New-ish link posted 17 days ago. Mallett #41, $30,000

Discussion starter · #288 ·
$45,000, Wades Garage #7 of 8, LSA, T56, 3.73

View attachment 121773 View attachment 121774 View attachment 121775
Bummer, a Wade’s Solbra without the Solbra nose cone. I saw one in real life once years ago (with the nose cone) it was a real looker.

Not being mechanically inclined and being very happy with my low mileage 2006, I wonder if it wouldn't be cheaper and more reliable, just modifying a solstice body onto a Corvette drivetrain. I think the reliability may be better and you would still have the desired Solstice look. I do have a soft spot for well done restomods. I can imagine how few people could actually do repairs on the heavily modified Solsti.

See it's things like the bad pinion bearing which concerns me. If the engine was not put in perfectly square to the differential and there is to much of an angle in the propeller shaft (drive shaft) that would cause pressure to be applied to that bearing which would lead to failure of the bearing. Or it could be used differential that was put in and it wasn't rebuilt before putting it in and it could just be a worn out bearing. That would also be concerning. either way you look at that one issue it makes a person question the build.

The other thing is that is that engine has a lot of low end torque and nothing has been done to tighten up the chassis except for a backbone brace. That's not gonna get it done. Then again for that engine the car has pizza cutters on it for tires which are not going to hook up all that great. a lot of tire spinning. If the tires were widened up to handle the engine then there would be an issue with the chassis not being set up correctly.

Not being mechanically inclined and being very happy with my low mileage 2006, I wonder if it wouldn't be cheaper and more reliable, just modifying a solstice body onto a Corvette drivetrain. I think the reliability may be better and you would still have the desired Solstice look. I do have a soft spot for well done restomods. I can imagine how few people could actually do repairs on the heavily modified Solsti.
LOL
There are a lot of V8 solstices and Skys out there. Putting a body on a corvette is not the objective.

All the parts are standard GM parts and carry their manufacturer's warranty. Also, anyone can work on an LS motor.

The other thing is that is that engine has a lot of low end torque and nothing has been done to tighten up the chassis except for a backbone brace. That's not gonna get it done. Then again for that engine the car has pizza cutters on it for tires which are not going to hook up all that great. a lot of tire spinning. If the tires were widened up to handle the engine then there would be an issue with the chassis not being set up correctly.
The chassis is well able to handle the added power. Yes, you can spin the tires, but also , the TC and Stability control functions and prevents wheel spin unless its turned off for each run cycle. I have zero issue putting power to the ground with my "Pizza Cutter" tires. :)

The conversion is well understood and there are tests and proven methods for addressing your points.

Many tracks require a driveshaft retention device that prevents it from going uncontrolled in the event of a failure.

What caused you to draw the conclusion that the only suspension mod was the backbone? The converted cars I have seen have the probeam or equivalent in addition to suspension mods.

Even without these mods, there are NA cars converted to LS motors that are doing just fine on the street.

281 - 300 of 361 Posts