Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 100 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Hey Yogi, I wish I had a V8 in my car, but this isn't my car. I found it on Craigslist and posted it to the V8 Kappa /,for sale thread.
Oops! Sorry, I must have missed that.

Well, you can always dream, right?

Yogi

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
:grouphug:A mallett ls7 sky on ebay now ! What does anyone think about this one ? :willy:
Ebay link? I see 16 currently listed for sale, but none of them say Mallett LS7 in their headlines.

·
Super Moderator
16,045 Posts
Mallett cars can be a mixed bag. Generally the install was done to a pretty high standard but since Mallett went bankrupt in the production run and basically started over again, some near the end of the first production run might have had a little less detailed attention paid to them. And of course many of us have read about the court case where he shut the doors on his business with several cars inside. Some of which took months to recover by the owners.

Also, we have a friend who has one of the very early ones and they never managed to get the cruise control functioning, it has to this day overheating issues that have yet to be addressed and Mallett decided to leave off the back bone brace which left it pretty squirrely in the twisties. Nice car and plenty of power for an LS 1 motor. On the other hand they came with a warrantee and I have not heard about huge problems with them. Other than an issue with the throttle settings in the tune which were later addressed by the tuner but apparently since Mallett is out of business the fix has not been applied to all the cars. Though I have been in contact with one owner who once he found out about the issue contacted the tuner, who is still in business, and had the issue fixed

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f15/mallett-historical-information-71444/

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #86 (Edited)
Found it, realizing you said SKY helped.

Sellers ad: This is NOT your standard Sky. This one has a Mallett Conversion Package worth $54,366 and includes a 3.73 differential, custom built drive shaft, 6-speed Tremec Transmission, GM 505 HP LS7 Engine, Air Conditioning, LUK Pro Gold Clutch Assembly, Mallett/Penske Shock Absorbers, Big Brake package, Stainless Steel Mufflers, Carbon Fiber Coil Covers, Mallett Body Graphics and Seat Embroidery, Mallett Custom Number Plaque (Number 13) and Badging, Premium 19 x 9 Wheels with 265/35R19 Michelin Pilot Sport II Tires. The car has 6641 original miles. It has been stored indoors at all times when not running. The body is perfect.”

$30,000 (reserve not met)

Saturn Sky Base Convertible 2 Door | eBay

Looks very nice, basically a new car. Though Mallett, and other V8 Kappa's seem to be a tuff sell, because it seems there seems to be a very small fan base for them. Which I'm one of.

Looks like it may have been involved in some type of litigation? Nevermind, according to someone on the SKY forum the first owner lost it to the IRS.

http://archive.wbir.com/pdf/072312_civilcomplaint.pdf (#5)

http://www.cwsmarketing.com/gp/auctioncatalog_july16-17_vehicles_vessels.pdf (#64)

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/22840657/in-the-united-states-district-court-for-the-wbircom/3 (#5)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Found it, realizing you said SKY helped.

Sellers ad: This is NOT your standard Sky. This one has a Mallett Conversion Package worth $54,366 and includes a 3.73 differential, custom built drive shaft, 6-speed Tremec Transmission, GM 505 HP LS7 Engine, Air Conditioning, LUK Pro Gold Clutch Assembly, Mallett/Penske Shock Absorbers, Big Brake package, Stainless Steel Mufflers, Carbon Fiber Coil Covers, Mallett Body Graphics and Seat Embroidery, Mallett Custom Number Plaque (Number 13) and Badging, Premium 19 x 9 Wheels with 265/35R19 Michelin Pilot Sport II Tires. The car has 6641 original miles. It has been stored indoors at all times when not running. The body is perfect.”

$30,000 (reserve not met)

Saturn Sky Base Convertible 2 Door | eBay

Looks very nice, basically a new car. Though Mallett, and other V8 Kappa's seem to be a tuff sell, because it seems there seems to be a very small fan base for them. Which I'm one of.

2007 Saturn Sky Base Convertible With A Mallett Hi-performance 427ci, 464hp Eng - Certified Pre-owned Saturn Sky for sale in Gallatin, Tennessee | autobia.com

http://archive.wbir.com/pdf/072312_civilcomplaint.pdf (#5)

http://www.cwsmarketing.com/gp/auctioncatalog_july16-17_vehicles_vessels.pdf (#64)

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/22840657/in-the-united-states-district-court-for-the-wbircom/3 (5)
OPPS My bad lol :leaving:

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #89 (Edited)

·
Registered
564 Posts
↑↑↑↑
I believe this was for sale last year, or maybe even a couple years ago already, as I recall making comments about the Manitoba plates. I have not seen this car out and about, I should try and go take a look at it. Not that I am interested in a V8 Kappa, just curious as hell.

Bert

·
Premium Member
10,330 Posts
That is a bargain at that US price of $14,898.58 for a LS2 conversion with a six speed.
It would be great to get a report on it from you, thanks.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Divorce sale: 2007, LS2, Auto, Envious, Tan top, 9,500 Miles, $19,500, Winnipeg, Canada
Ad list miles not kilometers, $14,898.58 US?

V8 POWERED SOLSTICE PROFESSIONALLY BUILT (pics)
I read the ad as the seller bought it from the original owner, and the ad says he plans on making a YT vid. Wonder who built it and if it runs hot or has any idle issues.
That is a bargain at that US price of $14,898.58 for a LS2 conversion with a six speed.
It would be great to get a report on it from you, thanks.
He changed his add a bit, still no Vid though. Have you guys been calling him asking questions?:lol: He seems a little bitter in his add. I asked him a couple of questions, but he did/would not say who did his build.

V8 POWERED LS2 SOLSTICE PROFESSIONALLY BUILT | classic cars | Winnipeg | Kijiji

Excerpt from my contact with him. Just asked again about the builder(first line) we'll see if I get a response. I'm not sure if he's on the forum,but I think this is a critical piece of info before buying.

OK Thanks. Who did this build?

Bert

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 10:13:57 PM
Subject: Re: Reply to your "V8 POWERED LS2 SOLSTICE PROFESSIONALLY BUILT" Ad on Kijiji

Hi
Yes Winnipeg and no overheating even in this weather

Sent from my iPad

> On Aug 12, 2015, at 8:58 PM, Bert <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hello! The following is a reply to your "V8 POWERED LS2 SOLSTICE PROFESSIONALLY BUILT" Ad on Kijiji:
>
> From: Bert
> Hello, I have a couple of questions about your car.Who did this build? Any problems with over heating? Is the car in Winnipeg? Thanks in advance Bert Kijiji Ad ID: 1094208159
> You can respond to "Bert" by replying to this email.
>
> Other options:
Bert

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I just posted the ad, have no room for another fun car. It does sound like a good deal, but if the seller isn't forthcoming w/build details I'd consider that a red flag. Of course he could just be upset that he has to sell it, I know I would be. :leaving:

·
Premium Member
10,330 Posts
The thing to do if someone is really interested to buy it, I would if the 2015 Stingray was not in my garage, is to ask boboborino what he would need ($$) to go and take a look at it and give you a report.

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #96 (Edited)
Follow up from post #89, where it posted on Craigslist in Winnipeg Canada. Price lowered from $19,500 to $17,000, but now listed on Craigslist under Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Do not call me and ask dumb questions and think I will guide you to my sources. I will give the answers to the new owner upon an agreed deal.

2007, V8, Auto (6spd?), Green
V8 Powered Solstice Professionally Built

·
Registered
54 Posts
That guy in Winnipeg seems to be a goofball, like anyone would buy without details? He wouldn't answer me on who did the work , only no overheating.
I am thinking of buying a V8 , what is best to get and what to stay away from on the conversions?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
That guy in Winnipeg seems to be a goofball, like anyone would buy without details? He wouldn't answer me on who did the work , only no overheating.
I am thinking of buying a V8 , what is best to get and what to stay away from on the conversions?
I would get either Performance Autowerks OR DDMWORKS
They seem to have the most experience.

I would avoid Mallett conversions because of iffy support. Mallett went bankrupt while doing the early conversions and he is now doing business as a different company in a different state.

Yogi

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)
The friendly Canada V8 Solstice seller has relisted it again in Fargo ND Craigslist; Tire kickers beware: "Do not waste my time and your time with low ball offers and dumb questions." No pics.

V8 POWERED SOLSTICE PROFESSIONALLY BUILT

V8 POWERED SOLSTICE PROFESSIONALLY BUILT - $19500 (Winnipeg Canada)

2007 pontiac solstice, condition: like new, cylinders: 8 cylinders, drive: rwd, fuel: gas, odometer: 9500, title status: clean, transmission: automatic, type: convertible

This is not for the faint at heart. The owner wanted it built as a factory operating car so it's NOT a hack job !!!! Professionally installed Ls2 with a six speed transmision capable of paddel shifter update. The car runs around 425 hp the drive line is built for the 800 hp range. The car has a low 9000 miles on it and is only being sold at this low price because of Divorce !! Do not waste my time and your time with low ball offers and dumb questions. I will be happy to show the car to serious folks. The car would make a great Track car as it only gained 50 lbs on the front after the upgrade was done so it is nearly a 50-50 balance. This is a very clean quality build and it's a shame that it has to be sold so cheap. I will get a Youtube vid up shortly

·
Premium Member
10,330 Posts
The way for someone here on the forum to buy this car is to contact one of the Canadian forum members and ask to have them look at the car and give you their take on it.
Just negotiate a fee with the member here.
Also is it $19500 USD?

81 - 100 of 236 Posts