I have been told:
1) when the venders first started doing conversions of 2.4 cars with their ECM configuration they did not have working cruise control.
2) I have been told by Ken and others that over time they solved the issues with the 2.4 based conversions and they now can be made to function. I do not believe that everyone of the Mallet guys have this knowledge or have had the cruise fix installed.
3) I was told that about half the 2.0 ECM conversions do have working cruise but that the rest do not function and no one has yet figured out why some do and some do not.
4) Ken has told me that he is continuing to work on getting the 2.0 ECM cruise to work.
5) I have been told that Dave is continuing to work it and may be baking progress. However since Dave lost most of his staff, I suspect he is not spending a lot of time working this issue currently.
My version of cruise control is the car hauler.:devil:
I just talked to Dave about this, that is why I put up this thread. Most cruise controls don't work, be it 2.0 or 2.4 before conversion. We are trying to figure out if there is a common denominator between the few cars that do have working cruise controls and what that might be. If a common configuration is found, it would help to figure out why the others don.t work and what could be done to fix them.
Ken kelly has done most if not all the tunes for converted cars. He told me in a conversation last year that in the beginning the 2.4 conversions cruise did not function. But he then said they had solved that problem and they could make them work.
Our club member with the Mallet is talking with Ken about fixing his.