Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

drove by my local dealer today, and there was a black Solstice.

This one is on loan from GM, it will be there for a few days, then it goes to other dealers (I presume in the region).

They sold a red Solstice just hours before I got there, not a 1st 1K. If the couple that bought that Solstice are on the forum here, get in touch with me, I'd love to see the red one!

I've previously seen a light grey and a blue Solstice, neither wowed me. The black one did a lot more for me. No offense to anyone with those other colors (color is a personal preference). Color is important on a car to stir emotion, the black got me more interested than I had been. I know red will be the one that says "take me home".

Now, the bad news, that dealer had said they would be selling them for msrp, but now they are adding a $5K markup........oh well, I won't be driving one of that lot for some time to come if ever.

It was fun to sit in another one, wish I had a chance to drive it, but it's on loan, so they wouldn't let anyone drive it.

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
We had five of them a couple of weeks ago. Got to drive the silver and blue and plat with the trunk, hood and top on the red, white and black. Great drive and I'll keep waiting ....$5000 is a breaker though.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
denette said:
We had five of them a couple of weeks ago. Got to drive the silver and blue and plat with the trunk, hood and top on the red, white and black. Great drive and I'll keep waiting ....$5000 is a breaker though.
Not if it was a $5K discount :lol:

Seriously, I'm inclined to wait for discounts, not buy with a markup. I'm fairly sure I can't take one with out turbo...By the time those two things come together, my 2004 MSMs should be ready to be served up as a trade-in.... :lol:

Denette, where is here for you???

·
Registered
175 Posts
Look around

I think you will find a lot of dealers are selling at MSRP. My car is supposed to show up any (start loop) day now (end loop). The dealer promised me MSRP and no more. It is a dealership policy here. It could be that they are marking up cars that were ordered but the deal fell through for whatever reason. They will probably take your order for a MSRP car but you will have to wait 6 months. You take your pick. Car now for $30K (not really that bad) or one for $23K next year.

I'm really hoping my car shows up because I would like to drive it to the San Simeon even in a week or so.

Think I will go bug my dealer tomorrow. Just bugs me that it is raining now. If the car would have shown up when promised I would have had some great indian summer driving.

·
Registered
278 Posts
RODEO said:
Not if it was a $5K discount :lol:

Seriously, I'm inclined to wait for discounts, not buy with a markup. I'm fairly sure I can't take one with out turbo...By the time those two things come together, my 2004 MSMs should be ready to be served up as a trade-in.... :lol:

Denette, where is here for you???
im thinking the same thing, im gonna wait a little longer.

thanks for the info, ill go check it out. ooh, you have to see Gravanas sol when it comes back, it looks great! ill send you pics.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tednelson83 said:
im thinking the same thing, im gonna wait a little longer.

thanks for the info, ill go check it out. ooh, you have to see Gravanas sol when it comes back, it looks great! ill send you pics.
I think that black sol is there to sunday, maybe monday.

Gravana sent pics, I posted them per their request, look for that thread, and drop a comment!

·
Registered
278 Posts
i took some as well, and was asked to post them also, i got pics of their CAI as well.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tednelson83 said:
i took some as well, and was asked to post them also, i got pics of their CAI as well.
Sweet! Let's see them!

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RODEO said:
Hey all,

drove by my local dealer today, and there was a black Solstice.

They sold a red Solstice just hours before I got there, not a 1st 1K. If the couple that bought that Solstice are on the forum here, get in touch with me, I'd love to see the red one!
bump, hoping to find the people who bought that red one in valencia!

·
2,574 Posts
RODEO said:
I think that black sol is there to sunday, maybe monday.

Gravana sent pics, I posted them per their request, look for that thread, and drop a comment!
Rodeo, Have your checkbook ready when you "check" out the red one. No way you won't buckle. :lol:

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
birdliver said:
Rodeo, Have your checkbook ready when you "check" out the red one. No way you won't buckle. :lol:
I agree, although a factory turbo is my ultimate goal, that may give me some self-control

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
RODEO said:
I agree, although a factory turbo is my ultimate goal, that may give me some self-control
I'm afraid when it comes to roadsters that you have demonstrated that you have no self-control! :lol:

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Editguy said:
I'm afraid when it comes to roadsters that you have demonstrated that you have no self-control! :lol:
true, true, I'm already borrowing an extra parking space from a neighbor to house my stable :lol:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
RODEO said:
true, true, I'm already borrowing an extra parking space from a neighbor to house my stable :lol:
:lol: That's funny. You must have good neighbors!

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Editguy said:
:lol: That's funny. You must have good neighbors!
They don't know that I'm a troll :devil: :lol:

I actually have two other neighborss that would lend me their extra spots, uh oh :willy:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
RODEO said:
They don't know that I'm a troll :devil: :lol:

I actually have two other neighborss that would lend me their extra spots, uh oh :willy:
So, a regular Sol and a GXP! :D You're gonna be car poor, if you're not already.

·
Registered
278 Posts
living in Valencia cant help him much with that either!

went and chatted with the guys at pontiac yesterday. damn blask really is a sweet color on that car! but i still thain that green will really be the hot button color for the car. the car is staying until monday.

they may be willing to handout membership packages for the club once it is organized, if not sponsor us, so thats good news!

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
RODEO said:
ALSO, Rydell Pontiac in San Fernando Valley (Van Nuys Blvd -north of Victory Blvd) has a blue w/ sand/stone Sol to show, it's someone's being used for display.

Fourth one I've seen! I want to see red w/ black :willy:
Henry V (Fleet Dept at Rydell Pontiac - Van Nuys, Ca.) also aded when I was there that they would take orders for solstices with no deposit, should you not want the car, they could just sell it to the next person. They "indirectly" said they were selling those at msrp (confirm of course).

hope that helps someone!

·
Registered
278 Posts
ooh, i might want to look in to that!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts