Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined. Have a 2008 gxp. This may sound stupid but how does one go about removing the pcv valve tubing and pcv valve from the tubing. Have tried pulling twisting etc. with no luck, so what is the secret to get these to release for removal and replacement. The vale mounting on the cold air intake tube to the turbo was broken when I purchased the vehicle, put temp. fix with super glue and rubberized tape to seal. I would like to remove the whole system to replace or vent to atmosphere. Thanks for any input.

·
Premium Member
10,307 Posts

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
Just joined. Have a 2008 gxp. This may sound stupid but how does one go about removing the pcv valve tubing and pcv valve from the tubing. Have tried pulling twisting etc. with no luck, so what is the secret to get these to release for removal and replacement. The vale mounting on the cold air intake tube to the turbo was broken when I purchased the vehicle, put temp. fix with super glue and rubberized tape to seal. I would like to remove the whole system to replace or vent to atmosphere. Thanks for any input.
First question is why do you want to remove it?

But anyway, the easy part is to remove the Valve end, just slide the white plastic clip around and pull it off the intake nipple. The Valve cover side just needs an oil/fuel line removal tool (see pic) - maybe $5 from a parts store - you close it around the metal tube and push in towards the flex hose bell end to release the barbs and then pull off the hose. There's not much point removing the valve from the flex hose, since they're sold as a single part - but if you really want to, get a medium-size zip tie and cut into a couple of 1/2" lengths, then push into the bell end, again to release the barbs. This IS very fiddly and painful, but it does work if you persevere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts