Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Well if it is a 2.0 and just a little over 200HP then I am glad I am going to Mod mine with aftermarket products.

·
Registered
299 Posts
That a Vauxhall version of the Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky is in the works is nothing new. What is: We have confirmation of a supercharged high-output engine for the 2007 Vauxhall Lightning as well as Solstice and Sky.

Jon Lauckner, General Motors’ global product planning boss, says the Vauxhall two-seater will come to market with a 2.0-liter supercharged four-cylinder. The engine is expected to produce in excess of 200 hp and peak torque of 200 lb-ft, according to insiders. Look for the boosted engine in Solstice and Sky late next year.

I read nothing in there confirming a SC for the Solstice or Sky. ;)

The source is the "Global" production planning boss for GM, who has nothing to do with the US market. And he is quoted as mentioning the Vauxhall Lightning only, but he never said anything about the Solstice and Sky. That was the Magazine who threw those two names in there.

The article really has no ne info on the Solstice and Sky. what was said can only be held true for the Vauxhall.

Another boring Rumor :yawn:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Liam1694u said:
The source is the "Global" production planning boss for GM, who has nothing to do with the US market.

Really? The US isn't on the globe?

Robert A. Lutz, GM Vice Chairman, Global Product Development

So I guess Bob has nothing to do with US products anymore?

·
Registered
299 Posts
So, I don't know everything... :)

that's not the point i was trying to get across...

never the less...the source never mentioned the Solstice and Sky. I'm not saying it isn't true. I'm just saying that the the Magazine added those two names to the article. The official GM source was "only" talking about the Vauxhaul lightning in the quote.

He himself never mentioned the Sol or Sky.

all i was doing was noting a common practice of the Magazine industry to imbelish on the truth.

·
Registered
299 Posts
my point was that the Vauxhall is being built for a different market, the European market. I'm not voicing a preference. I'm say that just because the Vauxhall is built on the same platform and is confirmed to be getting a SC, does not neccessarily mean that the same holds true for the Soltice and Sky.

So far I have seen equal eveidence that they will be getting Turbos. Right now, things are so mixed up, that I'm not believing anything until it comes form GM, and according to that article, GM never said anything about the two US market cars. The magazine did.

·
Registered
905 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Well if it is a 2.0 and just a little over 200HP then I am glad I am going to Mod mine with aftermarket products.
As am I, for our sakes it would be pretty cool if the GT/GXP or whatever only produces ~200HP while ours produce around 300HP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.