Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

can anyone help me to find out more about the emission information?
i want to import the car to europe. can anyone tell me the detailed information he has on the plate in the engine compartment?
further i need to know the full weight capacity of the solstice.

many thanks in advance

best regards
swissman
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
It's only 353lbs? Wow, I thought it was a little more then that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Adrenaline said:
It's only 353lbs? Wow, I thought it was a little more then that.
Yeah, that does seem low. I'm a lean 160 myself, so it probably wouldn't be a problem. However, if you're a guy who weighs, say, 220, that'd leave only 133 for your wife or gf. I can see the conversations now... "No, really, honey, I think you look fine, it's just that you need to lose some weight because of the car..." ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
hehe, I'm 160 as well leaving plenty of room for the future gf(s).

I made a deal with my parents that I'd allow them 1 joy ride (a short one I might add) in my Solstice, in return they would co-sign the car loan (as I don't qualify on my own). I guess they won't be driving together or with me in the car when they go. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Adrenaline said:
hehe, I'm 160 as well leaving plenty of room for the future gf(s).
Hopefully you don't need that much room!!!!! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
hopefully GM did some real world testing on this car - with at least two 200 lb occupants. this 353 number isn't going to cut it, and what happens when the car gets an auto tranny - that number drops 30 more pounds?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
Aardvark said:
I can see the conversations now... "No, really, honey, I think you look fine, it's just that you need to lose some weight because of the car..." ;)
I've already tried that conversation a couple times, it really never works out like you'd hope...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
nyca said:
hopefully GM did some real world testing on this car - with at least two 200 lb occupants. this 353 number isn't going to cut it, and what happens when the car gets an auto tranny - that number drops 30 more pounds?
I don't know why, but GM cars seem to make their load labels in this format for passenger cars, rather than just stating the max GVWR and max front and rear GAWR.

If you work backwards from the gross vehicle weight rating for the Miata and S2000, you get only a bit more than 400 lbs, IIRC.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top