Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to thinking about a vent for the Coupe. My model making is pretty rough, especially when everything I did started eating the foam..%^@&@^

Might need to grow on me? :thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Wow! Very awesome looking! I love it!

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
Looks good, but do you reeaallly want to lose that last bit of rear visibility?

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Mustang family has some real nice ones available!

I guess there has to be a negative 'visibility', because I am at Zero now. YMMV

:cool:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Looks kinda cool. :thumbs: Guess it's for form and not function ?

Always figured if I got a coupe would paint over those little windows with body color.

Having driven panel vans in the past, will get used to depending on the side mirrors.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Having driven panel vans in the past, will get used to depending on the side mirrors.
That only helps so much. Backing out of a parking spot still requires guts and use of the Force to avoid side traffic.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Got to thinking about a vent for the Coupe. My model making is pretty rough, especially when everything I did started eating the foam..%^@&@^

Might need to grow on me? :thumbs:
It seems to be the reverse of what we need to exhaust out hot air.
In the third pic it looks like you could put a vent at the rear and bottom edge to expire air.
Seal off and taper the leading edge to create a foil shape that should draw air out the thin slit vent at the back as the air flows over it.
Also reduces the chance for sucking in debris and rain (Like we ever drive our Coupes in the Rain!) having the opening on the back edge vs. the front edge like it is now. Just a thought.

Interesting problem to solve and not overly effect the aero-dynamics and causing unwanted additional wind noise when the windows are down and top off.

·
Registered
233 Posts
it is your car and if you like it do it. I am just wondering why you want to make it look like the Mustang??

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it is your car and if you like it do it. I am just wondering why you want to make it look like the Mustang??
Don't want it to look like a Mustang, it's just that they appear to have aftermarket parts that we sure the F don't. Maybe with just 1266 built, it might have something to do with it?

This was just an attempt to see WTF one might look like without using photoshop. YMMV

And I thought I would share with other Coupe owners.. :thumbs:

I put it it back on the shelf after the pictures. :brentil:

Drive on!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts