Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When does the call center verify the order?

Lets start a thread when we receive the call> :grouphug:

·
Registered
14 Posts
EOP HQ will verify all 1000 early orders within 10 days, that means, before the 25th. Any car belonging to a person who is disqualified will go to the next person on the wait list.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SolAnonInsider said:
EOP HQ will verify all 1000 early orders within 10 days, that means, before the 25th. Any car belonging to a person who is disqualified will go to the next person on the wait list.
Has anyone received a verification call?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not that I'm aware of. As far as I know, the weekend has been spent working out several of the glitches that came up on friday. They'll probably start very soon. However, if your status is "conditionally approved" or "pending" - and you meet the eligibility requirements (Retail purchaser, not an employee of GM or a GM dealer) you will be verified.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
SolAnonInsider said:
Not that I'm aware of. As far as I know, the weekend has been spent working out several of the glitches that came up on friday. They'll probably start very soon. However, if your status is "conditionally approved" or "pending" - and you meet the eligibility requirements (Retail purchaser, not an employee of GM or a GM dealer) you will be verified.
Careful what you post, insider. Welcome aboard! Can you tell us what kind of attrition they're expecting to see? I'm trying to determine if I should hold out hope for my early wait-list position, or place an order straight from my dealer's allocation.

Also, do you think the wait-listers that get moved up will be getting phone calls after the 10-day window, or as the slots open up?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Do we have to wait for this call before we go to the VOM system?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
ateam_77 said:

My dealer has entered my VOM order, but, the EOP system had a prolem in recognizing the normal alpha order code. Just another thing there sorting out. From what I can tell you can order now or wait until you are confirmed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
ateam_77 said:
Please do not wait for the Verification call before entering your order as "sold" in VOM. This needs to happen before the 25th at 5 PM PT, or your spot goes to the next person on the wait list. There is still plenty of time to enter the order into VOM, but don't wait too long.

·
Registered
14 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Careful what you post, insider. Welcome aboard! Can you tell us what kind of attrition they're expecting to see? I'm trying to determine if I should hold out hope for my early wait-list position, or place an order straight from my dealer's allocation.

Also, do you think the wait-listers that get moved up will be getting phone calls after the 10-day window, or as the slots open up?
I'm not sure what is expected as far as cancelation and disqualification numbers. I do know that there are a lot of people on the wait list, and that if a car becomes available to you, you'll receive a phone call from Program HQ when that happens. They'll call for 4 days in a row, and if on the 4th day they still can't get a hold of you, they'll move on to the next person on the list, so make sure your contact information is up-to-date with the number you can most easily be reached at. They will still be making calls after the original promotion is over, but I expect most of the disqualifications and cancelations to happen fairly quickly.

Remember, you can still place an order for the car, and it will probably be delivered at about the same time as your Early-Order car would have, without the hassle of waiting and hoping for a car to become available. That is, if you can find a dealer with allocation that hasn't been spoken for.

·
Registered
936 Posts
SolAnonInsider said:
Please do not wait for the Verification call before entering your order as "sold" in VOM. This needs to happen before the 25th at 5 PM PT, or your spot goes to the next person on the wait list. There is still plenty of time to enter the order into VOM, but don't wait too long.
Thanks I will take care of it Monday.

·
Registered
936 Posts
My dealer called the HQ about when we will be called and they said that they couldn't say that it wasn't going as smooth as they had hoped. When they do call they will call the home number and not any secondary numbers. I wish we knew I am getting tired of sticking close to the phone.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
ateam_77 said:
When they do call they will call the home number and not any secondary numbers.
No one is home here all day, bummer. Hope they leave call back info?

·
Registered
80 Posts
argh, the dealer we got the EOP at hasnt called once.

yet the dealer that really really wanted me to drive all the way up there keeps calling.

today he called and insinuated he was getting a car early, and wanted to know if I wanted to buy it

a) dumb question
b) how when there are 4000 standing orders can he NOT have a buyer for this already?

It appears it is a tactic for him to get me into the dealership and switch my order to his for NEXT YEAR WHEN THE EOP'S ACTUALLY COME IN

Someone, make sense of this for me

·
Registered
29 Posts
Many of the dealers have already been promised one of the first allocation (not EOP)
He may seriously have one and noone came to his dealership to try for an EOP. Therefore he may just be asking if you want his first one???

·
Registered
80 Posts
cyberdoc said:
Many of the dealers have already been promised one of the first allocation (not EOP)
He may seriously have one and noone came to his dealership to try for an EOP. Therefore he may just be asking if you want his first one???

No, I talked to him the morning of the opening program, he had 10 people in line that were applying for EOP.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts