Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so sad... I keep hoping for good news from my dealer on my car. Just called them to request a copy of the new brochure and just check on any progress. NONE! Still at 3400. I see non 1K cars talking about thier "build", and can't figure why they just won't build mine! I could sure use a little good news from someone at Pontiac, but will wait and waitt...

·
Registered
71 Posts
kevbo1121

WannaSolstice said:
I'm so sad... I keep hoping for good news from my dealer on my car. Just called them to request a copy of the new brochure and just check on any progress. NONE! Still at 3400. I see non 1K cars talking about thier "build", and can't figure why they just won't build mine! I could sure use a little good news from someone at Pontiac, but will wait and waitt...
yea! me to; i have gone to 3400 then back down to 3000 , now i don't know where i am :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
535 Posts
WannaSolstice said:
Did they have the brochures? I should call and get a copy!

·
Registered
162 Posts
My car was 3400 [broadcast] on 8-10 and re broadcast on 8-19. I am getting Cool with the 2-tone leather. Maybe!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:
Did they have the brochures? I should call and get a copy!
just sent an email to my dealer..salesman....wrote right back that he has one for me...he will mail it or I can come by and get it.....think it may be time for a personal visit!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
WannaSolstice said:
How about your # 1000.Would that cheer you up.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
WannaSolstice said:
I'm so sad... I keep hoping for good news from my dealer on my car. Just called them to request a copy of the new brochure and just check on any progress. NONE! Still at 3400. I see non 1K cars talking about thier "build", and can't figure why they just won't build mine!
Relax ... that's all speculation about scheduled build dates that are a part of the order system, which GM has flatly stated is not reliable during the ramp-up period. No cars outside of the first 1000 have been coded as built yet. But it seems that the plan is to wrap up building the first 1000 this week or next, so you shouldn't have much longer to wait.

·
Registered
120 Posts
finally

my dealer called this morning and said that if I did not want Chrome wheels They would place my order on Monday. I ordered polished wheels?

Because of all the problems Pontiac is having with build and delivery, I am now just going 3000 and based on threads on the forum I might see the car for Christmas or early next year. I decided to cancel my #3 car of the first allocation and wait until next spring and attempt to get a GXP Solstice.

I will continue to be active on the forum because this is where its at for accurate information and an all around good time.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SCISOLSTICE said:
My salesmanager said he had a dream of # 932. I have really been hoping for a much lower VIN than that! It doesn't have to be a "special" number - but I'd like to know which baby is mine.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still no news!

:cryin: :cryin: :cryin: :cryin: :banghead: :banghead:
Happy for you lucky drivers out there, but want to join the party!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
SlySol said:
Relax ... that's all speculation about scheduled build dates that are a part of the order system, which GM has flatly stated is not reliable during the ramp-up period. No cars outside of the first 1000 have been coded as built yet. But it seems that the plan is to wrap up building the first 1000 this week or next, so you shouldn't have much longer to wait.
My car is produced with VIN# 1G2MB33B76Y100847.

speculate that :cool:

I find the order system to be very reliable.

As for WannaSolstice, PM me your order number. I'll check it for you personally. Maybe your dealer is the problem here.

·
Registered
462 Posts
SlipSlider said:
My car is produced with VIN# 1G2MB33B76Y100847.
This is getting ridiculous! :cuss:
847 (or more) have been built. Some back in July... and only around 20 or so have been delivered! WTF?

SCISOLSTICE said:
VIN #1000 will probably be delivered around December 30th! (to someone buried in 3 feet of snow no doubt)

:willy: :cuss: :brentil:

·
Registered
184 Posts
slipslider's is a Canadian order -- notice the vin is 100847 -- not 000847 (which would be part of the first 1000). Two totally different vin sequences.

I believe their is another thread on three canadian cars produced......

·
Registered
462 Posts
Sol Survivor said:
slipslider's is a Canadian order -- notice the vin is 100847 -- not 000847 (which would be part of the first 1000). Two totally different vin sequences.

I believe their is another thread on three canadian cars produced......
My mistake... but still though -- according to "the list" -- 754 have been built!

LETS GET THEM DELIVERED!
:cuss: Quit spending money on these stupid gifts and pay some drivers to deliver our cars!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts