Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doesnt look like I will be getting a Sol. This last dealership I went through ordered a Sol for me, has been at 2030 since 9/20. Dealer checks on the VOM status twice a week and the event code has not changed, finally called the GM number and was told the reason it hasn't been built yet is that the dealership doesnt have any allocations left. GM told me to check with the dealer, if they do have 4 allocations, maybe they didnt turn some paper work in.

Am totally frustrated - looks like the only chance now is to hope that someone backs out of a deal?

I will be calling the dealer up as soon as they open.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Why doesn't the dealer know they don't have any more allocations this year? Sounds like something they should know.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Something is not right!!!! I would not call the dealer, but you should stop by in person and meet with the sales manager and discuss your order status.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
buckeyewilky said:
Something is not right!!!! I would not call the dealer, but you should stop by in person and meet with the sales manager and discuss your order status.
Calling them due to the dealer is a couple hours away, went to them because the dealers in my area charge over msrp.

·
Registered
265 Posts
it seems dealerships not knowing their allocation, or how to check it, is pretty common. that or they all have selective memories.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
scottjl said:
it seems dealerships not knowing their allocation, or how to check it, is pretty common. that or they all have selective memories.

All dealers know their allocation ! They don't want to tell people so they can seak someone in if they want to so they play dumb. If a dealer can't tell you what their allocation is he shouldn't be a dealer beacuse he doesn't know what he's doing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
deluke said:
All dealers know their allocation ! They don't want to tell people so they can seak someone in if they want to so they play dumb. If a dealer can't tell you what their allocation is he shouldn't be a dealer beacuse he doesn't know what he's doing.
The dealer told me he had 4 allocations and I was the 4th.

·
Registered
265 Posts
deluke said:
well. you know that. and i know that. but apparently the dealer doesn't. long story. but i've gotten a lot of different answers about what their allocation is, when i am in it, etc. i agree, i think something sneaky is going on. but nothing i can do about it. i was told they wouldn't mind if i cancelled now, they could easily find another buyer for my car (at over MSRP i suspect, they agreed to MSRP with me).

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
IWantOne said:

If your # 4 of his fist allocation you should be picked up by now I would think. Small dealer can help more with the months for allocations. I don't know if the first allocation ended in October or November for pick up.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Is it possible this dealer had someone back out of a first 1000 car so the penalty there is loss of an allocation?

If that happened last order in allocation #1 would have been bumped allocation #2.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
mceb said:
Is it possible this dealer had someone back out of a first 1000 car so the penalty there is loss of an allocation?

If that happened last order in allocation #1 would have been bumped allocation #2.
:agree:

He then should of offered you that car that someone backed out of. If he was a good dealer.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
... of course you are.

IWantOne said:
Seems like everyone who has a car coming is either 1 of X, so the next one is yours or X of X so the last one is yours. No one ever seems to be 2nd. I think it is a part of the game. Your either next or they want to leave you on the line just in case.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
You didn't say when you ordered, but assuming it was in September, I'd saw it is way too early to be discouraged.

Try waiting four and one half months to have your car preferenced, only to have that withdrawn a week and a half later, with the added information that your car won't be built this year.

I tried to find out if that was calendar year or model year and when I couldn't I said screw it and bought a different vehicle. I took the money I was going to spend on a new Solstice and bought a used 330Ci.

Now I have a great car, with power and torque to spare and room for golf clubs too. Yes I have given up on owning a roadster. But I don't miss the annoyance of not knowing when if my car would hit 3300, 3400 3800, be delivered, etc.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, misery loves company so don't feel like you are the only one. I "ordered" one in late Aug. as their #4 customer only to find out that I was now #6 and they only got 2 in first and 2 in second allocation (which may or may not be a load of B.S.). The last conversation I had was to call another dealer and see if they could get one sooner. Called around and found two on order and they were first come first serve basis. This dealer would not take any orders due to high demand. Drove by and saw one being unloaded and about crashed doing a U-turn in the rain. I saw the 'person' I had spoke with and said "I'll take it". He said this one was already sold. I calmly asked how that could be since you are not taking orders.... deer in the headlights stare.... "let me get the Mgr." He sold it to one of his buddies or so the mechanic that works there says.
GM used to be the #1 car maker in the world now they are about to be #2 to Toyota in the US. Hmmm.... I wonder why? I'm just tired of being lied to.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
That's the kind of stuff I'd be worried about, manipluation of the order priority. A year ago some of these same guys couldn't spell Solstice or thought Toyota made it :willy:

·
Registered
61 Posts
The real kick in the butt to me is that I was not even in the market for a car when I saw the Solstice. It was more of an impulse buy 'cept I may have to wait a year to get it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts