Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
9,711 Posts
Automatic convertible top??? Or are you referring to being RHD courtesy of a reversed picture?

·
Premium Member
4,903 Posts
I like the tan / green combination...

·
Administrator
9,258 Posts
There is no "automatic top". Look at the pics of the trunk...there is nothing different, no motor or additions to make it "automatic".
Besides, I bet I can put my top up or down faster than any "automatic top".

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Looks like a clean car. Does not have RHD as the first photo appears. I don't know if it's the camera or what but the top seems to be a lighter tan, then our oem, and I like it much better. The green color looks nice but was available all years and isn't the rarest. Price seems high compared to around here but may be a good price where it is located. I agree with Mom that it doesn't appear to have an automatic top as it it advertised. Don't know if anyone has developed a powertop mod.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I think some of the photos were hijacked from somewhere else.

As mentioned, some photos are RHD, but most photos are LHD. I counted three photos of a RHD .... reason: in manufacturing, the radio antenna is on the opposite side of the car from the driver wheel. I saw at least three photos with the antenna on the left side of the car.

Whether they are hijacking photos OR messing with photos (for some reason), I would question their motivation first before getting too interested in their car.:devil: :surprise:

Oh, and I've never met anyone with the name "Automatic"! :bs:

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
The color combination Envious with a Tan Top and Sand and Steel is not rare but very uncommon I've only seen one other Envious Kappa in the Cleveland area in the 7 years I've owned my car and it had a black top and black interior . In all the places I have been with my car including big events like the Woodward Dream Cruise I've had more then one person comment that they have never seen a car like mine and that includes more then a few Kappa owners .As for the top mine was a lighter shade similar to the car pictured before I started to treat it with RaggTopp .I looked for quite a while before I bought mine and had a friend who is a dealer find mine at a GM dealers auction and he told me it was the only one he has ever seen .

·
Premium Member
17,528 Posts
We have 4 or 5 of the green with neutral top in Solstice and Sky's here locally. The Dragon is one of them. I like the color very much.

·
Administrator
9,711 Posts
Look at the Solstice emblem on the back of the posted picture .....

Reactions: kwtoxman

·
Registered
10 Posts
Color blind, description says the interior is black...
I am in the Cleveland area, and have seen 3 Black Solstices, 2 red, and a silver.
No other Dark Blue (Ming) like my car though....

·
Administrator
9,711 Posts
Color blind, description says the interior is black...
I am in the Cleveland area, and have seen 3 Black Solstices, 2 red, and a silver.
No other Dark Blue (Ming) like my car though....
Come to Lexington in June and you'll see at least one Sky in that color .....

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Hey...if I had cash in pocket, I would at least go look at it in person and then make a cash offer.

A backwards picture or two and maybe some misleading information would not stop me from looking!

I searched all over for a Solstice in that color but had to settle for black.

Only thing I would change is to put a black top on it.

BUT...my wife would divorce me if I purchased another toy for my collection...hmmmmmm?

Too many decisions!!!

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
What's rare? That they spelled Pontiac backwards, and using Cyrillic?

·
Administrator
9,711 Posts
My assumption has been that the "rare" description in this thread is a joke based on it being presented as a RHD car with an automatic top. That combination, or even either feature (if correct) by itself would make it extremely rare.

Reactions: Sting Ya
1 - 17 of 17 Posts