Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the cover off the Solstice this morning, put the top down and went cruising for about an hour. Still love this car like the day I bought it.:cool:
Came home after my drive, put her up on ramps, and proceeded to take most of the aftermarket items off of her. :(
Going to put her up for sale again now that I have more time. Was too busy last year to bother with it other then a post on here. Got more interest in the aftermarket items then the car with the items on it. So since I have all the original parts I put everything back to stock.

Don't really want to bother with shipping(especially not the exhaust) so I'm hoping some MKC members may be interested in some of the parts.
I'll list everything later this week. Until then here is a tease.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Off topic, but can a bolt on exhaust be easily installed while the vehicle is on ramps? Thinking rhino ramps here

Why have you decided to part with your solstice? :(

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Backbone and rear suspension....how much?

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
I got to ask if you are so upset because you are thinking about selling it then why do it? My car sits more then I would like it to but even if I only drove it once a year the rush that I get when I drive it makes up for all the times I can't .Everyone has different priorities in life I'm also a lifetime premium member and will be till the day I die I have said this time and again this is the one car out of the more then 70 that I have owned that I will not sell .Good luck !:cool:

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
the one car out of the more then 70 that I have owned that I will not sell .Good luck !:cool:
Sting Ya, I am jealous, 70 cars owned...I counted my tally up 8 actual driver / long term cars that were mine since 1966. Did dabble a bit in buying / fixing /reselling old sports cars so add one Austin Healy 3000, one TR3 and one Fiberfab Jamacian (bought and resold unfinished). Also one Fiat 1300 bought to find out if they were as bad as the legends. They were, but it was fun to own anyway. Sold it for double what I paid.

Start a thread some day, would be fun to see what cars people owned before their Solstice. Can you remember all 70?

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Sting Ya, I am jealous, 70 cars owned...I counted my tally up 8 actual driver / long term cars that were mine since 1966. Did dabble a bit in buying / fixing /reselling old sports cars so add one Austin Healy 3000, one TR3 and one Fiberfab Jamacian (bought and resold unfinished). Also one Fiat 1300 bought to find out if they were as bad as the legends. They were, but it was fun to own anyway. Sold it for double what I paid.

Start a thread some day, would be fun to see what cars people owned before their Solstice. Can you remember all 70?
I kept a list of all the cars I've owned (also over 70).

Which Jamaican did you have - what base car was it built on? I have an MGA based version.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
follow your heart

i think you'll be even sadder down the road once its gone................lol.........if you're sad about it then duhhhhhhhhhhh don't do it

dam sure not getting money back or enuff to replace that lil cutie..........if you're over it then.........go ahead - otherwise its paid for ........whats the deal........having a lil 2 seater to smile in.........worth more than whatever you wizz the $ on.......KEEPIN MINE !!!!!!! not quite 17k on it.......its still new and my toy........never was about sensible.......

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts

I can pretty much remember all of them needless to say I love cars and they all made an impression on me in one way or the other but the Solstice has a special place..One other thing that I have to add is living here in northern Ohio a lot of my cars were winter beaters because you just don't drive nice cars up here and expect them to last between the salt and potholes. Current fleet Solstice / Mazda 3 w sport package (winter beater it's a lease)2004 Crown Vic w P71 package /81 Corvette (Bowling Green Edition) /98 Silverado 4x4 ( my summer stuff hauler) and my 98 custom Safari Van (my Boerboel hauler) I've got the itch for a 51 Ford hot rod so if I can workout a deal that will be the next addition we won't go into the bikes that I have built and owned.I wish I had the foresight to see what has happened to muscle cars and classics I would be rich as we have seen the prices go crazy. That is the reason I feel we need to hang onto these cars I'm not in it for the money but the reality is they are a limited production vehicle and as time goes by I think they will only increase in value and God knows you can't put a price on the enjoyment I get from this car plus you just don't see them everyday here in my neck of the woods:cool:

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've been back and forth for the last three years on selling it. So it's been long enough. I'm thinking of picking up an old C3 Corvette to play around with. I've always wanted one of those. Wife wants a Camaro to thats a possibility in a few years.

Here is a list of parts for sale and prices:

DDMworks ProBeam: SOLD
DDMworks Backbone: $100
Solo Street Race Exhaust: $300
GMPP Cold air intake: $200
Windrestrictor Lighted(blue) with GXP etching: $150

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh and this is the main reason the car doesn't get driven anymore.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
you have obviously lost your mind. :willy::willy::yesnod::yesnod::grouphug:
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:: I have a C3 nice car but no comparison to the Solstice as for the Camaro had a few of those myself they are OK but unless it's a 60's or 70's you see them on every street corner nice boat by the way .

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
??? What the hell? You can park the Sol ON the boat and take it with you for land transportation!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Off topic, but can a bolt on exhaust be easily installed while the vehicle is on ramps? Thinking rhino ramps here.
:(
Yes, drive onto the ramps and pick the rear up with a floor jack, a little higher than the front, and then place jackstands under the rear end. This should give you sufficient room to swap out the catback portion.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
I've been back and forth for the last three years on selling it. So it's been long enough. I'm thinking of picking up an old C3 Corvette to play around with.

I always loved the styling on a C3 that's what I love about the Solstice the lines are similar . I have owned 3 and currently have an 81 for what it's worth the chrome bumper cars 68 to 72 retain the most value you can get really nice one for under $15000 with a convertible which they stopped making in 75 commanding premium prices. I would steer clear of an 82 except for a Collector Edition because of the engine change (crossfire)be aware that they all ride rough I have put new springs, tires ,and gas shocks on mine with marginal improvement hate to loose you as an owner but good luck !

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Like the ol' Mako, eh? Good luck with your sale and don't be a stranger...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts