Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally made the 500 mile mark after this weekend with number 419. Here in N.W. Arkansas this weekend has something for everyone. I am about 12 miles from Eureka Springs and this is the annual Corvette weekend. Although We have a 70 convertible vette the wife and I decided to take the Solstice over last night and today. I have to say that we have never received that much attention in the vette. Every parking lot we drove in #419 was the attention getter. Also received lots of waves and thumbs up cruising town and you could hear them say that's the new Solstice when passing by the crowds.

Today we made the drive to the Bikes Blues and Barbeques in Fayetteville which is about 60 miles from home. I have to say that while we expected the attention from the car crowd we did not anticipate the response that we received from the bike riders. We were stuck in a turn lane when the parade started and traffic was stopped for the two lanes of bike traffic. I cant even tell you how many waves, thumbs up and comments on how nice the car looked from all in the parade. Later as we were driving I had a couple on a bike pull up next to us for our impression of the car as they had just ordered a Solstice yesterday.

Wish we could have stayed longer but my wife wasn't about to let me park our baby anywhere. My only regret was that after we had started our trip I realized that I had forgot the camera in my excitement to head out on a day of cruisin. I have links below for anyone who might be looking for a fun place to enjoy some winding roads and plenty of friendly people whether next years big weekend or anytime in between.

I hope everyone enjoys this car as much as I have already. Yes it was worth the wait and from the response I had this weekend Pontiac has a sure winner with the Solstice.

Eureka Springs Corvette weekend

Bikes Blues and Barbeque

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dcon said:
I have finally made the 500 mile mark after this weekend with number 419. Here in N.W. Arkansas this weekend has something for everyone. I am about 12 miles from Eureka Springs and this is the annual Corvette weekend. Although We have a 70 convertible vette the wife and I decided to take the Solstice over last night and today. I have to say that we have never received that much attention in the vette. Every parking lot we drove in #419 was the attention getter. Also received lots of waves and thumbs up cruising town and you could hear them say that's the new Solstice when passing by the crowds.

Today we made the drive to the Bikes Blues and Barbeques in Fayetteville which is about 60 miles from home. I have to say that while we expected the attention from the car crowd we did not anticipate the response that we received from the bike riders. We were stuck in a turn lane when the parade started and traffic was stopped for the two lanes of bike traffic. I cant even tell you how many waves, thumbs up and comments on how nice the car looked from all in the parade. Later as we were driving I had a couple on a bike pull up next to us for our impression of the car as they had just ordered a Solstice yesterday.

Wish we could have stayed longer but my wife wasn't about to let me park our baby anywhere. My only regret was that after we had started our trip I realized that I had forgot the camera in my excitement to head out on a day of cruisin. I have links below for anyone who might be looking for a fun place to enjoy some winding roads and plenty of friendly people whether next years big weekend or anytime in between.

I hope everyone enjoys this car as much as I have already. Yes it was worth the wait and from the response I had this weekend Pontiac has a sure winner with the Solstice.

Eureka Springs Corvette weekend

Bikes Blues and Barbeque
My husband is having a hard time believing that this is happening all over, I told him wait and see.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
They do draw some attention. I've had people yelling what is it, kids saying look it's a Porsche :devil: and just generally people staining their necks to see as they pass you on the highway.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I heard there was another Sol running around there!

Sorry we missed each other. Spent ALOT of time showing the car to everyone...even got flagged down a couple of times! Eureka was really warm this year. Last couple of years have been hit and miss on weather.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
This car sure does get attention. I am not used to that in a car, (my V-Rod yes). I will have to practise my wave response time!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
garytucker said:
Sorry we missed each other. Spent ALOT of time showing the car to everyone...even got flagged down a couple of times! Eureka was really warm this year. Last couple of years have been hit and miss on weather.
We were cruising around Friday night mainly as we spent most of the day Saturday at the Bikes and Blues in Fayetteville. I heard on the radio today that they had 2-300000 people and about 75000 bikes this year. I knew it was getting big but didnt realize it was getting this big. We were so tired from all of the traffic that we only made a few passes on our way back thru Eureka Saturday evening. Would have been fun to meet up with another Sol. Hope you are enjoying as much as I am.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts