Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to use a couple light coats of VHT nightshades on my foglights since my turn signal leds are quite powerful.. Seemed to come out okay at first, but noticed that my passenger side foglight came out kinda splotchy after sanding down the clear coat and using some compound to break it down.. Any tips from those who have used this stuff before?

·
Premium Member
17,529 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL thanks for chiming in Heliosky. The car "runs" but since it continues to misfire and throwing code p0300, I have not used it much. I've pretty much done everything I could to establish that the misfires are not related to any physical problems. I just recently ordered a Trifecta tune, which I feel may be the key to solving this problem. I will post an update as soon as that is done :3

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
I've seen people do this on their headlights, which is illegal most places, but they shouldn't bother you on a light that isn't required to be there at all.

I personally wouldn't do it because once you do it on plastic lenses, you need to toss the lights and replace them if you don't like it, as it can't be removed.

I wonder how much light attenuation is involved....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, managed to sand down the clear a bit more but still have a bit of blotchy clear coat after buffing. But eh, I can live with this for now.

·
Administrator
9,258 Posts
I've tinted my backup lights, tail lights, and side markers. I wasn't sure I was going to like it so I first put 4 coats of clear Palstidip on then sprayed them with the nightshades. They've held up for 2 years without issue!

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Have you considered 3M tint? In fact I believe you can even get precut static cling tint. I've been thinking of ordering some light headlight tint to see if it will get rid of the rainbow colors in the headlight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts