Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

281 - 300 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Post #281....needs to be corrected. That is NOT where the wastegate solenoid is located on the turbo Kappas. It sits on top of the intake manifold and is easily accessable. Furthermore, the part is extremely hard to find. I found 1 for over $300 when I was searching!!

·
Super Moderator
6,005 Posts
Post #281....needs to be corrected. That is NOT where the wastegate solenoid is located on the turbo Kappas. It sits on top of the intake manifold and is easily accessable. Furthermore, the part is extremely hard to find. I found 1 for over $300 when I was searching!!
I could probably look it up, but I am taking the lazy way out: What is the thing that he is calling the solenoid?
He does have the turbo laying on its side, putting whatever it is under the turbo, and not beside it.

Edit: If I am reading the service manual correctly, the wastegate solenoid valve is mounted to the turbocharger as indicated in the video, and the solenoid valve on top of the intake manifold is actually the evap canister purge valve. Am I missing something?

281 - 300 of 317 Posts