Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What racing simulator game would you all recommend for the best racing experience? I am not interested in jumping hills, going through cities, tunnels, over bridges like most of the kid games do. Do they make a game for a Wii that uses real race tracks,ie formula 1, NASCAR, Lemans, where I can go from a rookie to pro over a period of time? If there is a Solstice in it that would be icing on the project. No time, no money and no youth to pursue a real life racing career. Also is there any that have AX included? Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Not sure there's anything good on the Wii, but I really dig the Forza series on Xbox. I know Forza 3 and 4, at least, had Solstice: N/A in 3 and GXP coupe in 4 (can't remember if 2 does or not). Forza Horizon is about to release on 23 October. It's going to be a little more role play and a little less hardcore track, to my understanding. I'm picking it up, but don't expect it to be as cool as the rest of the series.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I use iracing, their standard car is an N/A solstice. its very realistic, its also played on a Pc online and thus requires a subscription fee as you are racing against other people. its extermely realistic modeling the tracks after real tracks and the physics after the actual car. you need a pretty good racing wheel with a clutch and 6 speed if you want to go all out. i use the logitech g25

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
video

Thanks for your comments. Iracing is my goal, but need to practice on a different fomat before I go all out. Anyone else have any suggestions??

·
Registered
260 Posts
forza 4 ( xbox ) and GT5 ( ps3 ) Best simulators our there. need for speed shift 2 gives you a lot on the real racing aspect with night driving. Of course nothing beats the real thing :p

edit: just looked at iracing, an it looks amazing... just signed up and leaving to buy a steering wheel -__-

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
You people are evil. I'm just getting over my Battlefield addiction and now this?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Forza. When my kids are gone - iRacing (cuz I know I will be very, very addicted).

By the way, the NASCAR museum in Charlotte uses iRacing for their simulators.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts