Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sports Car Revolution, on the Speed Channel has the Solstice on this weeks show. Best review of the car I have seen so far, actually drove the car on the track. The driver is Chip Herr, he drives in the miata cup series. He still loved the car though, actually called it a pocket Corvette!!!:lol:

<mod edit: AztekRpurty linked the video in post #22 below http://media.putfile.com/SCR-Solstice-Review Also added SCR logo for front page.>

Attachments

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Solstice Test Drive on Sports Car Revolution

They had a Solstice on Sports Car Revolution on Speed Channel tonight. Great revues and they were smoken the tires off. Overall they really were impressed with the power and handling. Loved the looks and it reminded them of a little Vette. It was great to see them put it through the paces.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Dish network, was on today at 6:30 pm, will be re broadcast on Saturday at 9am. Definitely loved watching it go around the track, instead of some cruise down a road.

edit; central time zone in case anyone was confused.

·
Registered
392 Posts
On Direct TV it was on the "speed" tonight at 7:30 eastern time.
Plays again on.
Mar 09 07:30 am

Mar 11 10:00 am

Mar 15 07:30 pm

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Derf said:
Dish network, was on today at 6:30 pm, will be re broadcast on Saturday at 9am. Definitely loved watching it go around the track, instead of some cruise down a road.

edit; central time zone in case anyone was confused.
I live eastern time zone and cant find the program for this show I have dish

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Speed Channel is on channel 150 if this is any help. There are different tiers of programing and I do not remember which tier Speed is on.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Why do I always miss these!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I'll try and catch it on tivo when I get home today and transfer/convert it and upload it to putfile like I did the motorweek video.

It's in my sig if you haven't seen it.

May be Saturday night before I get it up, judging from the showing times mentioned above.

·
Registered
420 Posts
:cryin: I wanna see it!!:cryin:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Chip only gave good reviews as he threw the Solstice around the track. At the end he commented that he could hardly wait for someone to put a V8 in it. (I guess he hasn't heard about Mallet)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
FireSol said:
Chip only gave good reviews as he threw the Solstice around the track. At the end he commented that he could hardly wait for someone to put a V8 in it. (I guess he hasn't heard about Mallet)
Well, he didn't say that he was waiting for it to happen. He just said that for some reason, he expects that somebody will do it. He never said anything about the car being underpowered or that it needed a bigger engine and really praised almost everything about the car. Just thought I'd clarify in case anybody got the impression from that post that he was ragging on the engine.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
kennyt said:
I Have Cable, I Hope I Can Catch It On The 11th!
I don't do mornings, so I had to set the VCR to catch it. :) Also, the Solstice part is the last 5 or 10 minutes of the show ... so don't worry and think you missed it just because you don't see anything about it in the first part of the show.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I just set it to record on this computer (media center PC) so I should be able to clip the video and post it as a back up since this offer is already been made.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Saw the repeat

I got the repeat this morning on TIVO. Great segment!! I've watched it twice already! I'm very impressed with the way he could pop the tail out! Can't wait to get mine and take it out on the autocross course!!! Looks like FUN FUN FUN!!!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts