Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone with vin 100-200 have any info on their cars from my understanding most of them are on transport hold.

has anyone in this vin range have any info???

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well mine(vin #131), has been transported to Birmingham via the rail system, kept for a week and then for some reason that no one can explain, it was sent back to Delaware. Anyway, I have been sending daily emails to GM headquarters and got a call from Shannon this morning stating that it was again in transit. How can that be??? Send something back for a couple of days-it took 17 days to get here with stops of course, and then put it back on the train for return..don't believe it :cuss: ...Something is really off here....Shannon professed to know nothing about the details mentioned above and said that the Business center wouldn't divulge anything to anyone and that I needed to call my dealer..Well lets see.....The dealer gets the run around and tells me that I would get more info if I call and then when I call, well....you see what I'm saying. :willy:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I'm slightly over your VIN range at 218, but I did talk to my dealer today. My car was to have been delivered on August 17th. My dealer has the window sticker and the invoice in hand. Three days after the 17th I was told that my car had not been shipped. Today I was told again that my car is still not shipped. My dealer cannot get any info from GM and cannot get any higher GM reps to talk to him. Tonight is my high school's first football game of the season. Temperatures are to drop into the mid 60's during game time. Why do I think I'll never really get a chance to enjoy going topless in my Solstice this year?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i get the same run around you cant get a straight answer from anyone.

mssleepr said:
Well mine(vin #131), has been transported to Birmingham via the rail system, kept for a week and then for some reason that no one can explain, it was sent back to Delaware. Anyway, I have been sending daily emails to GM headquarters and got a call from Shannon this morning stating that it was again in transit. How can that be??? Send something back for a couple of days-it took 17 days to get here with stops of course, and then put it back on the train for return..don't believe it :cuss: ...Something is really off here....Shannon professed to know nothing about the details mentioned above and said that the Business center wouldn't divulge anything to anyone and that I needed to call my dealer..Well lets see.....The dealer gets the run around and tells me that I would get more info if I call and then when I call, well....you see what I'm saying. :willy:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Primus said:
Mine, number 111 is sitting about 20 feet from me.
Primus, I hate you! ;)

As for my car, #112, my dealer got notice that it shipped August 4th. Then, he received the invoice and window sticker with an estimated arrival date of August 26th. Now he says he's been told the car was shipped August 24th for arrival... who knows when!

(The only consolation is that VIN#5, also sold by my dealer, has not yet arrived.)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
I'm slightly over your VIN range at 218, but I did talk to my dealer today. My car was to have been delivered on August 17th. My dealer has the window sticker and the invoice in hand. Three days after the 17th I was told that my car had not been shipped. Today I was told again that my car is still not shipped. My dealer cannot get any info from GM and cannot get any higher GM reps to talk to him. Tonight is my high school's first football game of the season. Temperatures are to drop into the mid 60's during game time. Why do I think I'll never really get a chance to enjoy going topless in my Solstice this year?

Mine was built on 8-9, and I have been told by my dealer each one coming off the line is being pulled for 100% inspection. As of Thursday, 9-1 , mine was still being held, they did say they expected that I would get a summer delivery, by 9-21. vin 260

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I expect next week after Labor day will be big on deliveries (but of course I've said that the last 3 weeks :willy: )

VIN #30 still missing, hoping for next week.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
mceb,
I hope you're right this time. :lol:

·
Registered
504 Posts
VIN #151 Nobody knows where in the hell it is. :willy: Tuesday the dBA at my dealer will be 90 or better,but not unkind. :cuss: :cool:

·
Registered
215 Posts
del_utz said:
Mine was built on 8-9, and I have been told by my dealer each one coming off the line is being pulled for 100% inspection. As of Thursday, 9-1 , mine was still being held, they did say they expected that I would get a summer delivery, by 9-21. vin 260
Seems like a lot of us are getting the standard date of 9/21. Does anyone have any clues as why that date is significant?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Equinox?

·
Registered
85 Posts
My dealer told me yesterday that deliveries have been held until after Labor Day for "mass quality inspections" to "eliminate the need for any recalls." My transportation code dropped a few days after it posted. Patience - if you are bored, test drive the MX-5 - I did.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I suppose we are the only group fussed up about the lag between production and delivery. Most people still don't know what a Solstice is, let alone what one looks like. We can grumble all we want but within the next two months everyone will be seeing our cars on the street and we each will be one of the greatest moving billboards GM has ever had.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts