Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Originally Posted by Rowan1008
Hey all you Solstice Lovers.....I just spoke to my Dealer here in Maryland and my car is due in on the 14th of Aug 05 VIN # 1G2MB33B26Y000011..I had quoted earlier in the forum that I was #12 well I was wrong I'm #11...the only bummer is that I will be in Jamacia next week. the dealer told me he would take care of my car for me.

Thanks from Rowan1008

·
Registered
905 Posts
Can I take care of it for you? :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Rowan1008 said:
Originally Posted by Rowan1008
Hey all you Solstice Lovers.....I just spoke to my Dealer here in Maryland and my car is due in on the 14th of Aug 05 VIN # 1G2MB33B26Y000011..I had quoted earlier in the forum that I was #12 well I was wrong I'm #11...the only bummer is that I will be in Jamacia next week. the dealer told me he would take care of my car for me.

Thanks from Rowan1008
Let's see....Jamaica, car, Jamaica, car....well I would go with the car. I was so disappointed in Jamaica on my last visit that I won't be returning. Hope your visit is better. My first visit to Negril was lovely, but this last visit to Montego Bay had too many Islanders badgering the tourists. :willy: It is such a poor country. :( Of course, if you are a druggy, it is heaven..... :lol: What bad timing.... I'm sure your dealer will enjoy showing off the Solstice. Maybe he can email you pictures.. :yesnod: We'll all think of you while driving our Solstices.... :glol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
mssleepr said:
Let's see....Jamaica, car, Jamaica, car....well I would go with the car. I was so disappointed in Jamaica on my last visit that I won't be returning. Hope your visit is better. My first visit to Negril was lovely, but this last visit to Montego Bay had too many Islanders badgering the tourists. :willy: It is such a poor country. :( Of course, if you are a druggy, it is heaven..... :lol: What bad timing.... I'm sure your dealer will enjoy showing off the Solstice. Maybe he can email you pictures.. :yesnod: We'll all think of you while driving our Solstices.... :glol:
Yeah, we would not go back to Jamaica. Their biggest problems came about when they became the only island to want to run their own currency NOT based on the British pound as previous or on the USD as does Cayman I. Cayman, twice, but a little pricey. Thinking about second trip to Bermuda, much better than Bahamas, we thought. So much for travel channel, back to the auto report, CONGRATULATIONS.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'll go to Jamaica for you!

You should stay home and get your car and I will go to Jamaica for you. I've been there 7 times and loved it every time!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
LDM said:
You should stay home and get your car and I will go to Jamaica for you. I've been there 7 times and loved it every time!
What a guy/gal! The folks in this forum are just soooo ... giving! :lol:

·
Registered
233 Posts
LDM said:
Interesting that you would say that. Can I ask if you were at a resort? That seems to be the difference. Jamaica has beautiful areas, but when you have to fight off the peddlers, it can somehow slant your view of paradise. I went to a resort and had to sign off with guards when I wanted to go beyond the bounderies of the resort, and was told that drugs were abundant. I could see that and even experienced that. Perhaps as a man, that doesn't bother you, but as a woman with children it was very troubling. I got married there on my first visit and it was one of the happiest times of my life, but on my last visit in June of 2005, I went to a different part of the island and was very disappointed.
Also, Jamaica is rated as having the 3rd highest crime in the world.
To get back to the subject of the Solstice, enjoy your time in paradise, your car will be there when you get back. :brentil:

·
Registered
193 Posts
One of the reasons I waited to order my Solstice for so long is that we are going to Hawaii in November. I don't want any type of car payment or other new expense until after this trip. Between the vacation rental, airline tickets and rental car we are already up to $7500.00, (staying for 12 days 11 nights). I'm saving every spare penny I can scrounge up right now for our expenses there now.

·
Registered
233 Posts
ojohnson said:
One of the reasons I waited to order my Solstice for so long is that we are going to Hawaii in November. I don't want any type of car payment or other new expense until after this trip. Between the vacation rental, airline tickets and rental car we are already up to $7500.00, (staying for 12 days 11 nights). I'm saving every spare penny I can scrounge up right now for our expenses there now.
I'm sure that it will be worth it. I have heard that Hawaii is simply gorgeous. I hope to be able to go there one day when my kids are grown and on their own, otherwise they would expect to be included... :lol: It sounds like you have a great deal. Enjoy every moment. :thumbs:

·
Missing my Dad 9/40-5/08
330 Posts
ojohnson said:
We just got back from Hawaii on July 27. We were there for 14 days and 13 nights. Which islands you going to?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
TerpFan said:
Does that make me the winner of the contest then? I guessed August 12 for VIN #11. Anybody closer?
It's not delivered yet ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts