Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put my hands on vin # 1535 it just arrived in Houston at Ernie Guzman Pontiac this am. No it hasnt been sold............ the dealership thougth they would do a silent auction on it to give everybody a chance of owning it.

No I did not bid. I paid over MSRP many years ago for a Pontiac Feiro I will never pay over MSPR again................. All I got was a bunch of negative equity.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
mlegere said:
I just put my hands on vin # 1535 it just arrived in Houston at Ernie Guzman Pontiac this am. No it hasnt been sold............ the dealership thougth they would do a silent auction on it to give everybody a chance of owning it.

No I did not bid. I paid over MSRP many years ago for a Pontiac Feiro I will never pay over MSPR again................. All I got was a bunch of negative equity.
Smart move ... I do not think any car is worth over MSRP, because it is an emotional purchase and most likely will loose money. If you have mad money, then congrats ...but I will pay MSRP for a Sky, Sol, ect ;)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
All I shudder to think of is that some sterotypical cattle baron will not even blink and put down an astronomical sum so that he can put a set of longhorns on the hood. Yuck!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
That was my car!

That was my Solstice that came into Guzman. He stole it from me and put it up for auction at $5,000 over MSRP opening bid!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS DEALER!!!

I contacted Pontiac about this and they confirmed that the car was ordered as a customer order with my name on it! They are EXTREMELY apoligetic that one of their dealers would pull such a trick on a client. But, they tell me that there is nothing they can do about it. So, to try to keep me as a client and make me happy, they have placed a special allotment order specifically for me to be delivered ASAP to the dealer of my choice.

I cannot express politely how angry I am with Ernie Guzman and I hope that NO ONE is foolish enough to pay him for the car. :brentil: EVERY OTHER Pontiac dealer in Houston that I contacted assured me they would sell the car to me no higher than MSRP. In fact one Sales Manager I talked to when told what happned couldn't stop laughing at Guzman and how greedy and unethical he was.

So, bottom line is; I am getting my car, just delayed yet again. Good news, it seems OnStar will be available for my order.

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
Sol Cruisin: You've got my blood boiling too!
:brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil:
SBS (Seven Brentil Salute)
I didn't even get this mad at what Champion Pontiac did to me!

What a crummy dealership! I saw that you already added them to the Boycott List a couple days ago.

Sol Cruisin said: "EVERY OTHER Pontiac dealer in Houston that I contacted assured me they would sell the car to me no higher than MSRP."

I bet you didn't call Champion Pontiac of North Houston, did you? They screwed me for $3000 over MSRP, didn't tell me about it until 5 months after I gave them my deposit. :brentil: :brentil: (double Brentil for them!) There's another crappy dealer in Houston, almost as bad as Guzman!

Let us know when you get your replacement. May I suggest Beck & Masten for your new dealer? I heard from SOL CRAZY that they were doing a fine job on his order 101622. When did you officially place your new order?

Have you driven a Solstice yet? Give me a call and you can take a drive in mine. Good luck, my friend. Still good weather here in Houston, eh?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
mlegere said:

hope this dealer is on the banned list..wondering what would happen if someone called the dealer and asked them to check the banned website... :yesnod:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I buy for less

I would pay MSRP for the car all day long, I never thought I was going to buy the car because I am 6"4 275lbs, but after driving our demo (me being a emplyoee of a dealership) for the weekend I need to own one. I have placed the order and will see it end of feb or beginning of march. BTW the Sky does not have the wow factor as the solstice.

MSG_McKee said:
Smart move ... I do not think any car is worth over MSRP, because it is an emotional purchase and most likely will loose money. If you have mad money, then congrats ...but I will pay MSRP for a Sky, Sol, ect ;)

·
2,574 Posts
willy99 said:
I would pay MSRP for the car all day long, I never thought I was going to buy the car because I am 6"4 275lbs, but after driving our demo (me being a emplyoee of a dealership) for the weekend I need to own one. I have placed the order and will see it end of feb or beginning of march. BTW the Sky does not have the wow factor as the solstice.
Welcome aboard Willy ;)

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
willy99 said:
BTW the Sky does not have the wow factor as the solstice.
They are building only 10,000 in the 2007 MY, so it should be a hot car. IMHO However, everyone has different tastes and the Sky tends to offend the "purists," due to having an edgier look. Pretty smart on GMs side, because they have Sol guys trash talking a car that will be built in the Sol plant! ;) :lol: Now they have two VERY passionate roadster groups and save some R&D money also. ;)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
They are building only 10,000 in the 2007 MY, so it should be a hot car. IMHO However, everyone has different tastes and the Sky tends to offend the "purists," due to having an edgier look. Pretty smart on GMs side, because they have Sol guys trash talking a car that will be built in the Sol plant! ;) :lol: Now they have two VERY passionate roadster groups and save some R&D money also. ;)
After having seen a Sky in person, I think it definitely has the wow factor. If I could afford it I would have a Sol and a Sky. Alas, I don't make enough dinero for that!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Not True!!

If that dealership truly wanted to give "everyone" a chance at owning this car they wouldn't be selling it this way, to a highest bidder". If truly interested interested at giving everyone a "chance " at ownership they would simply drop ALL interested parties names into a drum and draw one winner who would get the car at MSRP. Not who can bid the highest. How does selling to the highest bidder give everyone an equal chance? This is just a dealership trying to get significantly more for a car. Nothing wrong with that but don't try and paint yourself as "concerened about everyone getting a chance"

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
Buying a new car is almost always a "Loose Money" proposition. The question is then, how much. Something just doesn't feel right about paying MSRP, let alone OVER MSRP. Having sold cars for a short time, it is KILLING me to pay MSRP for the solstice although I think it is worth it. I have been really tempted to pick one up on e-bay for a little over MSRP just so I can enjoy it this fall, but I have restrained myself.

MSG_McKee - Be safe man. :patriot:

·
Registered
854 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
According to the GM execs at the auto show that MotorWeek did their show on, the Sky is the upscale of the 2 cars and the Solstice is the "boy-racer" version.

I personally like the Sol better, but the Lexus owners (and pretty much all import boards I'm on) think the Sky is the car to have.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts