yes, it's mine

·
Premium Member
10,472 Posts
Congratulations, it is great you finally got one, enjoy it. :party: :party:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Good for you. A long wait has come to an end. I hope mine comes before Thanksgiving. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats!

Editguy, congrats on your new Sol! This makes me feel that there is still hope for VIN 1622 to arrive some day. Who knows when that will be though. Still waiting on your prediction as to when it will arrive! Built 9/21. What do you think? Congratulations again. Hope you are enjoying it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
CONGRATS!
:party: :party: :party: :party:

Looks like things are finally leaving the plant property.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I will try to be back on in a few days with a review and somes pics and more details. But between work and getting in some drive time, I don't have time now. I will just say what so many others before me have said, "It's worth the wait!" My car isn't the one I thought I would be getting, and there may be a dealer issue, but I don't want to comment on that until the situation is clarified, which should happen Monday. The car is nearly perfect. There was a small dent in the trunklid on one of the humps where someone had pushed in an attempt to close it. It's very hard to see because the car is white, but they are going to take care of it. Also, the seatback release lever on the driver's side had been broken. Can't imagine how that was done but, again, they are going to replace it. I also had the loose top release handle, but tightened it up and it's fine. Otherwise, the car is flawless. Fit and finish is great, and remember that I was an autobody shop owner and tech in a former life! ;)
For those of you familiar with Arizona, I took a drive yesterday up through Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon, to Flagstaff, back down to Payson and home. 750 miles so far, and it just keeps running better. Sedona and Oak Creek were beautiful, but I hit very heavy rain. No handling problems, so I think the complaints of problems in the rain are probably due to inexperience with manual trannies. The car was a thrill to drive on these roads. I was like a kid in a candy store. Oh, and no leaks whatsoever. Dry as a bone. Oh, and as far as I can tell I was deprived of the clunking sound, either that or the deafness is coming in handy! (and I do have LSD, not the drugs!)I love this car! The only thing that bothers me is people passing me doing 90 in a 75 (I do the speed limit because I got tired of getting tickets many years ago) and then jamming on their brakes to get a look at the car. It's kinda scary! Some guy in a Boxter almost jerked his head off and nearly hit another car straining to look at mine.
If you don't have yours yet, hang in there. Pontiac hit a home run with this car.
They finally found a way to keep me off the forum! :lol:
Anyway, more to come.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Took it for a 750 mile spin? It is ready for it's first oil change. I think I will break my car in in one day also. Then I can get on it.
It scares me to hear you might not had received your order as purchased. I will wait to hear the full story from you. Mine SHOULD be here in a week or two.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
orlando said:
Took it for a 750 mile spin? It is ready for it's first oil change. I think I will break my car in in one day also. Then I can get on it.
It scares me to hear you might not had received your order as purchased. I will wait to hear the full story from you. Mine SHOULD be here in a week or two.
i'M SORRY, IN MY RUSH i WORDED THIS POORLY. tHE DEALER ISSUE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CAR THAT i GOT. And I don't want to say anynore about what the issue is until I see how it's resolved. And if it's resolved satisfactorily, I won't be revealing what it was! :) What I meant about it not being the car I thought I was getting is that this car came available unexpectedly, but it just happened to be the same color (Pure) I thought I was getting. The difference is that it has sand aand steel leather interior and the one I thought I was getting had cloth. Hope that clarifies a little. I'm outta here until next week.

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Editguy said:
yes, it's mine
It took you two thousand one hundred and fifty one posts to finally make an IMPORTANT post!

Congratulations, my friend, you certainly deserve it. It's been WAY too long. :party:

And a Texas-size :grouphug: from ALL your friends here on the forum. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy (except maybe cadillacricket!) :)

Speech! Speech! Oh my, what am I saying? Asking him for a speech is like asking my cat for some cat-hairs. I get them whether I want them or not!

:)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Editguy -- you're one of the ones I've followed from when I first got on the forum. So happy for you.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Congratualtions Editguy! :party:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Editguy,

I imagine that right about now not even plastic surgery could remove that world-class, ****-eating grin off you face! :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts