Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call from GM saying that my vehicle has been shipped. My Dealer
called right behind them with the same message. It only took 9 weeks after being built to ship due to a one hour gasket repair job. Talk about the speed in which GM moves.

Built 9/19
Held @ Deleware plant ( aka the shed) since then waiting to ship.
Going by train so its 3 weeks or so to get here.
Can you say " early Christmas present?"

Its funny because I just got a call on a new 2005 Crossfire and the over 8k off the MSRP. I was getting ready to drive one again on Friday to re-evaluate getting one instead of the Solstice. Finally things worked out.

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
I think it's worth waiting however there are two new Crossfire in the parking lot. One lady said the dealer told her no 2006 solstice possible...maybe 2007. She leased the v8 and is super happy with the power and quality. I'll wait because mine "shipped" That's GM speak for shut up and wait.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
denette said:
I think it's worth waiting however there are two new Crossfire in the parking lot. One lady said the dealer told her no 2006 solstice possible...maybe 2007. She leased the v8 and is super happy with the power and quality. I'll wait because mine "shipped" That's GM speak for shut up and wait.

Glad to hear that yours has shipped also. Great Christmas present for you too! :)

·
Registered
705 Posts
WantMySoltice said:
I just got a call from GM saying that my vehicle has been shipped...
They called you??? That would be the customer service I would expect. how did the call come to you, did you have a prior conversation with GM? I ask as I am looking for a glimmer of hope that GM cares. I'd hate to think that the company I bought 10 new vehicles from could be so poor in the customer relations department.

Congrats, hope you get your car soon!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pterosaur said:
They called you??? That would be the customer service I would expect. how did the call come to you, did you have a prior conversation with GM? I ask as I am looking for a glimmer of hope that GM cares. I'd hate to think that the company I bought 10 new vehicles from could be so poor in the customer relations department.

Congrats, hope you get your car soon!

I have called Customer Service for the last four weeks about once a week. They opened a file and gave me a tracking number. I call Lisa about once a week @ Customer Service to check the status. She was out sick on 11/21 and 11/22 but called me when she got back and confirmed the shipping. My dealer has been tracking it so he called right behind her when he seen it was updated in the system to show shipped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts