Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fully loaded Mysterious Solstice #189 was delivered to my Southern Cal dealer on 9/1/05 around 2:00 PM. The dealer called to tell me it was in and I was there 30 minutes later. The car was filthy dirty so I know it just came off the truck. Everything looked great except someone stole the 1st 1000 plaque off the dash sometime during transportation. So for now I have two small holes that are used to align the plaque and a clump of residual glue on the dash. The dealer is on top of it and will be getting it replaced, but I sure hope they track down who ever did this and make them pay the price. The dealer inspected the car, cleaned it up and we did all the paper work and I drove off a few hours later. All I can say is this is a beautiful car that looks even better in person. Unfortunately, I was gone all this weekend so the only driving I have done so far was from the dealers to my garage. Even though it was dark driving home, it was funny to watch people adjust their speed so they could drive along side me to check out my new Sol.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Great, congratulations.

Who the heck would steal the plaque off the dash :willy:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
California Solstice has arrived........

SOL189 said:
My fully loaded Mysterious Solstice #189 was delivered to my Southern Cal dealer on 9/1/05 around 2:00 PM. The dealer called to tell me it was in and I was there 30 minutes later.
Where are you located in California (no. cal or so. cal?) What city?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Congrats on your delivery. Sorry about the stolen emblem. Probably the same person who stole my Sol.... :lol: GM Headquarters just called my home and got my husband and asked if I had received my sol as it was shipped the first week in August. If they don't know who does? :willy:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer called this morning

The dealer called this morning to confirm they are taking care of getting the replacement plaque. He also told me that there were a total of 9 cars that had the plaques ripped off.

·
Registered
233 Posts
SOL189 said:
I'm is So. Cal. Dealer is in Oxnard
I know...Just kidding with you about your stolen emblem. I'm across the country from you, but they were shipped from the same place. :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Congrats!!!! Enjoy it :thumbs: I had a guy the other day stop in the middle of an intersection and yell out "What kind of car is that", almost causing a major crash.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I had seen #41 last week in Southern Cal and it also had the First 1000 tag ripped from the dash. It came that way off the truck. Dealer also said it was being replaced

·
Registered
515 Posts
Anyone want to take bets on how long it is before these dash plaques start showing up on E-bay?

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Stolen property!!! I have seen people that were charged from things they sold on e-bay, and I suspect that it is pretty much in the bag if GM is able to buy a first 1000 plaque on e-bay, that it was stolen.

Let's ALL keep an eye out. :thumbs:

·
Registered
600 Posts
I hope they do catch the person responsible for the thefts. What good are they to anyone but the first 1K owners.

·
4,592 Posts
Sol189, I pm'd you! Congrats!!! :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Stolen emblems... brought to you by the same people that would steal shift knobs from the autoshows if they weren't already taken off! Why is personal property so hard of a concept for some people to grasp?

·
Registered
504 Posts
A profiteerer with eBay on his mind.What good are they to a low life thief except some profit from his ill gotten booty. :devil: :cool:Enjoy the hell out of whats left of your Solstice. :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Congratulations!!! Have your dealer look for a dentist with a big smile, I hear they remove plaque all the time (okay I know it was bad :lol: ). Have fun with your car.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
SATCH said:
A profiteerer with eBay on his mind.What good are they to a low life thief except some profit from his ill gotten booty. :devil: :cool:
Or even more nefarious, and yet stupid, is that someone could have stolen them in the hopes of attaching them to a non-first 1000 and passing it off as a first 1000. You would have to find a pretty uninformed buyer who wouldn't know to check for the special VIN, though.

·
Registered
152 Posts
SOL189 said:
My fully loaded Mysterious Solstice #189 was delivered to my Southern Cal dealer on 9/1/05 around 2:00 PM. The dealer called to tell me it was in and I was there 30 minutes later. The car was filthy dirty so I know it just came off the truck. Everything looked great except someone stole the 1st 1000 plaque off the dash sometime during transportation. So for now I have two small holes that are used to align the plaque and a clump of residual glue on the dash. The dealer is on top of it and will be getting it replaced, but I sure hope they track down who ever did this and make them pay the price. The dealer inspected the car, cleaned it up and we did all the paper work and I drove off a few hours later. All I can say is this is a beautiful car that looks even better in person. Unfortunately, I was gone all this weekend so the only driving I have done so far was from the dealers to my garage. Even though it was dark driving home, it was funny to watch people adjust their speed so they could drive along side me to check out my new Sol.

Ebony or 2TONE???? PICS!!!! :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Congrats! Yeah I can't wait to cruise my Sol around UMD's campus, definitely gonna attract some attention :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts